Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 09-29-2022, 04:59 PM   #1
Mark King
Human being with feelings

Default Plugin Crashes R upon project startup

Reaper keeps crashing when I ettempt to open any of my projects that use the Sonivox Orchestral Companion 64bit plugin. I watch the plugins in the opening screen, the Sonivox plug starts to load, everything stops for a few secs, and then Reaper closes. I tried re-installing the plug but no luck. Any idea how to open my projects that uses this plugin?

fyi The Orchestral Companion plug has been a problem for a while, it seems to eat too many resources of some kind, I don't know. I often have to render the track...
Mark King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:06 AM   #2
ivansc

Sonivox plugs are notoriously flaky. I would suggest you see if you can find an alternative plugin by someone else. Just so you know, the original Sonivox company was sold out to a box shifter years ago & they can offer little or no support on the older Sonivox plugs.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:05 AM   #3
slangbein

> Any idea how to open my projects that uses this plugin?

Hold shift+command (Win+Linux) when opening the project to offline all plugins. From there you can replace the faulty Sonivox plugin
slangbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 03:05 PM   #4
Mark King

Thank you ... well, that's 69 bucks down the drain. They sounded so good for the money. All the other strings vsts are either flakier (DSK) or too pricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Sonivox plugs are notoriously flaky. I would suggest you see if you can find an alternative plugin by someone else. Just so you know, the original Sonivox company was sold out to a box shifter years ago & they can offer little or no support on the older Sonivox plugs.
Mark King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:30 AM   #5
ivansc

WRITE to them & complain about it. Many people on here have done so & got a refund.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:24 AM   #6
reapercurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark King View Post
Reaper keeps crashing when I ettempt to open any of my projects that use the Sonivox Orchestral Companion 64bit plugin. I watch the plugins in the opening screen, the Sonivox plug starts to load, everything stops for a few secs, and then Reaper closes. I tried re-installing the plug but no luck. Any idea how to open my projects that uses this plugin?

fyi The Orchestral Companion plug has been a problem for a while, it seems to eat too many resources of some kind, I don't know. I often have to render the track...
have you tried changing between default, separate process, dedicated and native for the plugin's mode?
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote