Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-22-2020, 06:11 AM   #1
schwrz
Human being with feelings

Default Unwanted fader behaviour Behringer X-Touch One

Hi,

I have discussed the following problem with my Beheringer X-Touch One controller with Behringer support and they think it is a Reaper issue, so I hope someone here can help me further.

Reapers versions: latest, 6.13 also tested on 612 and even Reaper 5
OSX 10.13.6

Description:
I select a specific track on the X-Touch so I can adjust the volume. While playing the track, I adjust the volume and then click on the ‘go to previous marker’ button on the x-touch to listen back the result. The slider is then repositioned at the previous position, but initially, the volume of the track is unaltered. However, if I then touch the x-touch fader, the sound is also restored to the initial value (so it is then in line with the fader position) and the software fader in Reaper (which was at the new value) jumps back to its original position. This makes it pretty useless (unless I never jump around in the timeline :-( )

With Behringer support I did the following tests:
- surpass the Apple multiport adapter and connect the X-Touch directly - no success
- installed a clean Reaper version - same behaviour
- installed Reaper 5: same behaviour
- installed Reaper 6.12 on a PC: now it worked (i.e. the fader stayed on the position I set it on)!
- Installed demo version Ableton Live 10 and Cubase Elements 10.5 instead. Although the Rewind and Fast Forward buttons seem to behave a bit different in Ableton and Cubase the X-Touch worked as expected.

So it seems the behaviour occurs on a Mac and not on a PC. Since I did a clean install on my Mac (to be sure I completely uninstalled Reaper, I even bought a uninstaller) and on my PC and then only connected the X-Touch (following the Behringer guidelines) I concluded there is something wrong with the combination X-Touch/Reaper on a mac (not sure if it would be the Mac Reaper version or something specific for Mac in the X-Touch firmware....)

Oh, it doesn't happen if I disable MIDI output to the X-Touch but Behringer support says I need that to benefit from all of the X-Touch options. I suppose they are right.

Some one with the same experience? A solution perhaps?

Thanks,
André
schwrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:10 AM   #2
schwrz

Default Sample video

Here's what I mean:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1n7zhvucl...49.27.mp4?dl=0

As soon as I press the 'go to previous marker' button, the fader jumps back. Then, at 0:10 sec, when I touch (but not yet move, it's a bit difficult to see but just after I touch the x-touch fader, the Reaper fader jumps and then when I move the x-touch fader the Reaper fader also moves, which is normal behaviour) the fader, the software fader in Reaper also jumps back and the track volume is back to its original value.

André
schwrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #3
Minutes to Midnighht

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwrz View Post
As soon as I press the 'go to previous marker' button, the fader jumps back.
Hey, does it revert to -10dB by any chance? On mine (macOS), it does that all the time when I change track and restart the play. I haven't yet figured out why.
Minutes to Midnighht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:52 PM   #4
mchest

Same here, fader drops to -10db when it should be at 0db.
very annoying!

XT1 [fw 1.08] / Reaper 6.28 / macosx 10.14.6

works really well with Logic but
mchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:57 AM   #5
mvd83

I have the same issue, I disabled the MIDI Output and it is solved but what kind of impact does this have? Does anyone know?
mvd83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:57 AM   #6
mchest

yeah seems to work disabling midi output, thanks. The fader stays where it should!
Impact? not sure.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:49 AM   #7
Wired Eyes

Default (Solved) It's a midi output problem.

I just want to confirm that if you "disable" midi output it will work just fine.
I hade the same problem - but doing this . . . it whent crazy good.

/Thanx for a nice thread - it helped me to.
Wired Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 06:00 AM   #8
airon

Have you guys given the CSI extension a try ?

It might be what you need, even if you're just using the X-Touch One in MCU mode.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:56 AM   #9
mchest

Thank you this disabling midi output did sort the -10db fader issue for my XT Compact. Joy.
Old 09-09-2022, 05:26 AM   #10
acebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchest View Post
Thank you this disabling midi output did sort the -10db fader issue for my XT Compact. Joy.

I have this problem too - but how can disabling midi output be a solution? Then you might as well not have a motorized fader at all? And what about the time-display - it won't work either?

BTW - I am on Linux using the native Linux reaper

Last edited by acebone; 09-09-2022 at 05:48 AM.
acebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 02:50 PM   #11
shrugs

I'm having the same issue here. Any updates on this? When I hit play in reaper, all of my faders jump to -10. If I swap fader banks then it snaps back to what it should be, but it's a mild annoyance and figured I'd look for some updates here.
shrugs is offline   Reply With Quote