Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 09-05-2022, 06:27 AM   #601
mozart999uk
Human being with feelings

Hey! Hope you are doing ok :-)

Is there anyway to get the unselected tabs in the project bay to be a little easier to read?
Attached Images
File Type: png Project bay tabs.png (22.2 KB, 251 views)
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 03:00 PM   #602
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Hey! Hope you are doing ok :-)

Is there anyway to get the unselected tabs in the project bay to be a little easier to read?
thanks! i'm ok yet.
seems that you overmessed with theme tweak/configuration window.
here is how it's originally looks:

find by keyword "tab" and there are will be a few colors to modify
gapalil001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 01:32 AM   #603
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapalil001 View Post
thanks! i'm ok yet.
seems that you overmessed with theme tweak/configuration window.
here is how it's originally looks:

find by keyword "tab" and there are will be a few colors to modify
Thanks. :-) Don't recall changing any of those but yes, the text one was set to black. I set it to grey and it's fine now. ��

By the way, did you ever come up with a solution for the item ruler problem I had?

Glad to hear you are ok as well!

Last edited by mozart999uk; 09-06-2022 at 02:19 AM. Reason: thought of something else
Old 09-06-2022, 05:31 AM   #604
gapalil001

Quote:
By the way, did you ever come up with a solution for the item ruler problem I had?
the main issue that item ruler and item label are the same colors and can't be defined separately. fine item ruler will destroy item label. so i have to choose between two evils
Old 09-06-2022, 07:26 AM   #605
mozart999uk

Quote:
the main issue that item ruler and item label are the same colors and can't be defined separately. fine item ruler will destroy item label. so i have to choose between two evils
Ah yes. I remember you mentioning that a while back.

Should I do a feature request for separate control over the item ruler and item lable to the devs?
Old 09-07-2022, 11:11 PM   #606
gapalil001

Quote:
Should I do a feature request for separate control over the item ruler and item lable to the devs?
the main trouble that my case is absolutely subjective because of my white "fake header" above selected media items. i am not sure that it's reasonable for them to add item for one single theme from thousands. i succsessfully requested a few features and improvements but they're was usefull overall
Old 09-08-2022, 05:19 AM   #607
mozart999uk

Ah I see. Thanks for explaining. Any other way around the issue?
Old 09-08-2022, 05:24 AM   #608
gapalil001

Quote:
Ah I see. Thanks for explaining. Any other way around the issue?
yes, but will damage something else =(
Old 09-08-2022, 05:27 AM   #609
mozart999uk

:-(
Old 09-12-2022, 02:44 AM   #610
gapalil001

Default poll

does anybody use"meterbridge" position in TCP?

nobody? ok, i'm gonna delete it

Last edited by gapalil001; 09-12-2022 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-18-2022, 02:28 PM   #611
krahosk

Quote:
does anybody use"meterbridge" position in TCP?

nobody? ok, i'm gonna delete it
It's too crowded. It needs to be positioned and scalable like White Tie's default theme in the TCP
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:27 AM   #612
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahosk View Post
It's too crowded. It needs to be positioned and scalable like White Tie's default theme in the TCP
if you used my theme (seems you actually didn't), you would know that it contains 4 positions for meter includes "like-in-default" position too. also demo animation available on thread start:

Old 10-19-2022, 10:54 PM   #613
withinmyself

Default Thanks!! I finally know what I want.

After seeing and using this theme, I realize why a lot of the really nice modern ones havened jelled with me too well. Everything seems to blend together!! There's no hard lines, no dynamics between tools. Maybe it's something with how I see, or learn, or work... I dunno. Didn't really pick up on it until now though. Was definitely a hindrance to my work flow. Thanks a bunch internet reaper man who I'll never meet!!
withinmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 02:16 PM   #614
Lynx_TWO

Quote:
if you used my theme (seems you actually didn't), you would know that it contains 4 positions for meter includes "like-in-default" position too. also demo animation available on thread start:

Oh sh-t, I didn’t know about that functionality. Outstanding!
Lynx_TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:06 AM   #615
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by withinmyself View Post
After seeing and using this theme, I realize why a lot of the really nice modern ones havened jelled with me too well. Everything seems to blend together!! There's no hard lines, no dynamics between tools. Maybe it's something with how I see, or learn, or work... I dunno. Didn't really pick up on it until now though. Was definitely a hindrance to my work flow. Thanks a bunch internet reaper man who I'll never meet!!
i am not sure that clearly understand you but... great that you did! and thank you (perhaps) !
Old 10-21-2022, 12:40 AM   #616
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_TWO View Post
Oh sh-t, I didn’t know about that functionality. Outstanding!
yea, it's the first theme adjuster parameter
Old 11-22-2022, 08:53 AM   #617
gapalil001

Default FM 3.8 Released

Flat Madness 3.8 22 november 2022
  • new TCP behavior when FX or send lists are not visible
  • longname 2 layout removed
  • longname layout is fixed and fit new logic
  • little design changes

* for ReaPack users - after synchronising packages go to find my theme in the list>right click>versions and you will see "3.8"

Last edited by gapalil001; 11-22-2022 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:40 AM   #618
norbury brook

nice.

One thing if you use a tempo like I have had recently with 3 decimal places the transport bar tempo looks bad.

So my tempo is 85.645 and it doesn't fit in the box.

Am I missing something with regards to folder tracks in the TCP, they're not that clear to me as default. Can I change this?

M
Old 11-22-2022, 12:45 PM   #619
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post

Am I missing something with regards to folder tracks in the TCP, they're not that clear to me as default. Can I change this?
do you mean label color?
Old 11-22-2022, 01:33 PM   #620
norbury brook

Quote:
do you mean label color?
not really , just the general way a folder track is seen. Compared to a standard theme where it's easy to see folder tracks, and hence when moving other tracks either avoid making a folder track by mistake or putting tracks into another track on purpose to make a folder track.

I found it hard looking at the TCP to see at a glance where my folder/child tracks were.

The theme is beautifully clear though so as someone who's eyesight has deteriorated after 20 years of computer screens I really like it

M
Old 11-22-2022, 02:15 PM   #621
juan_r

Quote:
* for ReaPack users - after synchronising packages go to find my theme in the list>right click>versions and you will see "3.8"
Maybe you should have called this version 3.80: apparently, ReaPack thinks it is older than 3.71 because 8 < 71.

I downloaded it just now and it looks fine. I haven't particularly noticed any significant change yet. One suggestion I can offer: the dark themes (Dark and Black) have too little contrast between track name and background in the TCP when the track is selected (layout: LONGNAME). The colors in the MCP are fine.

I am 89.68% satisfied!
Old 11-23-2022, 04:33 PM   #622
gapalil001

Quote:
The theme is beautifully clear though so as someone who's eyesight has deteriorated after 20 years of computer screens I really like it
Thank You! You are not alone here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
Maybe you should have called this version 3.80: apparently, ReaPack thinks it is older than 3.71 because 8 < 71.
perhaps yes! i will fix some bugs and release 3.81 on a days

Quote:
I downloaded it just now and it looks fine. I haven't particularly noticed any significant change yet.
the one massive change that i spend a lot of time for is TCP buttons behaviour when FX list not enabled. you also can see it on splashscreen.
fun fact that a people who uses my theme without TCP FX list are exists. i really don't realize the reason why do they do this and they complained about empty space in the middle. but now they got it

also TCP volume slider becomes huge and contains label inside. i successfully requested an additional feature for this thing. sad, but i can't force pan/width sliders looks the same (because it's blocked by SDK but i hope i will soon

Quote:
One suggestion I can offer: the dark themes (Dark and Black) have too little contrast between track name and background in the TCP when the track is selected (layout: LONGNAME). The colors in the MCP are fine.
now longname layout looks the same to folderstate of default layout and use the same colors, you can determine the issue more granular and explain me here and there is a chance that i will apply it to 3.81
Old 11-24-2022, 04:11 AM   #623
norbury brook

Quote:
Thank You! You are not alone here!

perhaps yes! i will fix some bugs and release 3.81 on a days

the one massive change that i spend a lot of time for is TCP buttons behaviour when FX list not enabled. you also can see it on splashscreen.
fun fact that a people who uses my theme without TCP FX list are exists. i really don't realize the reason why do they do this and they complained about empty space in the middle. but now they got it

also TCP volume slider becomes huge and contains label inside. i successfully requested an additional feature for this thing. sad, but i can't force pan/width sliders looks the same (because it's blocked by SDK but i hope i will soon

now longname layout looks the same to folderstate of default layout and use the same colors, you can determine the issue more granular and explain me here and there is a chance that i will apply it to 3.81

did you see my issue with the BPM display when you have a BPM with 3 decimal places? , so basically 6 characters. the Box isn't wide enough.

M
Old 11-24-2022, 11:45 AM   #624
gapalil001

Quote:
did you see my issue with the BPM display when you have a BPM with 3 decimal places? , so basically 6 characters. the Box isn't wide enough.

M
yes, i see but there is no functions in SDK to expand this area when the number of characters is more. i need to re-build several elements includes transport size when it's float and collapsed to minimum to fix this. but in fact as i understand there are not so much people that uses tempo like 125.45646454. in opposite way, seems that you can see the current tempo using tempo markers. sorry for that

Last edited by gapalil001; 11-24-2022 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:21 PM   #625
norbury brook

Quote:
yes, i see but there is no functions in SDK to expand this area when the number of characters is more. i need to re-build several elements includes transport size when it's float and collapsed to minimum to fix this. but in fact as i understand there are not so much people that uses tempo like 125.45646454. in opposite way, seems that you can see the current tempo using tempo markers. sorry for that
No problem , It’s bloody Logic audio that spits out stupid tempos like this

I used your theme all day yesterday and I’m really growing to like it. It’s the first theme I’ve really tried properly from the default(tweaked) and I think it might stay . I need to spend more time and see.

Thanks for your work , I’ll send you a donation regardless of whether I stick with it or not.

I’ve not done any midi work yet so I’m looking forward to seeing how that all looks/works.

M
Old 11-25-2022, 04:40 AM   #626
gapalil001

Quote:
No problem , It’s bloody Logic audio that spits out stupid tempos like this

I used your theme all day yesterday and I’m really growing to like it. It’s the first theme I’ve really tried properly from the default(tweaked) and I think it might stay . I need to spend more time and see.

Thanks for your work , I’ll send you a donation regardless of whether I stick with it or not.

I’ve not done any midi work yet so I’m looking forward to seeing how that all looks/works.

M
thank you! i am working with MIDI a lot and also groomed this area well (i guess)
Old 11-30-2022, 02:40 AM   #627
norbury brook

has anyone had a strange font issues since installing the helvetica fronts needed for this theme?

I@m on windows 11 and both my machines since I've installed the font pack have an issue now with certain web pages , Ebay for one now having very very thing text that's barely legible.

It's as if they're taken to using the very finest version of the newly installed font as it's default.

M

here's an example

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EWk...usp=share_link

Last edited by norbury brook; 11-30-2022 at 03:53 AM.
norbury brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:59 AM   #628
norbury brook

OK been goggling and this is in fact an issue for windows users using Chrome .

This font does not normally exist on Windows and is replaced by Arial. Installing any flavour of Helvetica is somewhat tricky, since it is rather commonly used in CSS style-sheets, so can be picked up by the browser even in cases where Arial is better, to mess-up font rendering in the browser.

There are several implementations/flavours of the Helvetica Neue font. Some excel at large font-sizes but give poor results for normal sizes.

Is there anything we can do about this @gapalil001?

EDIT: OK windows users need to install a chrome extension to force replace Helvetica with Ariel.

Might be worth using a different font @gapalil001 so us windows users don't have to jump through all these hoops I thought it was a windows update that had done this so it's taken me half a day to go through everything to work out what had happened. I narrowed it down to installing your theme in the end and then the fonts.

edit 2: this also completely messed up the fonts on my STREAMDECK XL as well for the same reason. I had to manually go through every button and change the font away from Ariel as it had been hijacked by installing the Helvetic Neu.. So be ware folks.

M

Last edited by norbury brook; 11-30-2022 at 05:19 AM.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:19 PM   #629
gapalil001

Quote:
no access provided

there is an issue with fonts explained here
generally, the Arial font is created to replace helvetica on Win OS. i would prefer to install Arial as default everywhere in my theme but seems that REAPER exclusively behaves strange to this font (or maybe it's already fixed and i don't know this) on macOS
Old 12-03-2022, 03:27 AM   #630
norbury brook

Quote:
no access provided

there is an issue with fonts explained here
generally, the Arial font is created to replace helvetica on Win OS. i would prefer to install Arial as default everywhere in my theme but seems that REAPER exclusively behaves strange to this font (or maybe it's already fixed and i don't know this) on macOS
The image just shows the poor fonts showing in Chrome. It’s very thin and hardly readable.

Same thing happened with my STREAMDECK XL fonts on the buttons I’d cunstomised.

So , for windows users who don’t want to have to go through the pain I did after installing the Helvetic fonts, what’s the best solution?

If you don’t install the Helvetic’s fonts , what happens in the theme?

I’m surprised no one else has come across this.

M
Old 12-03-2022, 05:49 AM   #631
Puck

Quote:
The image just shows the poor fonts showing in Chrome. It’s very thin and hardly readable.

Same thing happened with my STREAMDECK XL fonts on the buttons I’d cunstomised.

So , for windows users who don’t want to have to go through the pain I did after installing the Helvetic fonts, what’s the best solution?

If you don’t install the Helvetic’s fonts , what happens in the theme?

I’m surprised no one else has come across this.

M
I had the same problem with the link, you would need to change permissions. I'm on Win 10 and don't have weird issues in chrome though. That is a strange issue for sure.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 09:50 AM   #632
norbury brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I had the same problem with the link, you would need to change permissions. I'm on Win 10 and don't have weird issues in chrome though. That is a strange issue for sure.
Sorry, not sure how to enable the link to be public. It’s not important though as it just shows a very think barely legible piece of text.

This has affected both my windows 11 machines so it’s definitely an issue as it only took a google to see that it’s a widespread problem hence there’s an actual extension to force fonts in Chrome to overcome this.

M
Old 12-03-2022, 01:56 PM   #633
gapalil001

Default FONTS ISSUES

in case of the whole discussion seems that i have to do not recommend to instal helvetica neue or helvetica fonts. they're will be automatically replaced with arial on Win and it's will be fine (those fonts are almost similar) so if you have an issues with helvetica fonts, seems that you can easily delete them. i'll remove this paragraph from the theme description. I am sorry about troubles
Old 12-04-2022, 12:14 PM   #634
norbury brook

update:

you cannot just uninstall the Helvetica neu font either....

You have to boot into safe mode to be able to do this even after deleting the fonts in the registry

WINDWSO USERS DO NOT INSTALL HELVETICA NEU FONT IT REALLY DOES MESS UP YOUR SYSTEM.

M
Old 12-04-2022, 12:26 PM   #635
daeavelwyn

Quote:
update:

WINDWSO USERS DO NOT INSTALL HELVETICA NEU FONT IT REALLY DOES MESS UP YOUR SYSTEM.

M
Hello,

I'm using flat madness theme with helvetica on windows 10 64bits without any issues, so maybe your issue is more related by a registry key you deleted accidentaly. Are you sure the keys you removed were totaly related to Helvetica ?
Moreover, I never had to use regedit to manipulate fonts in windows, there is a special function called "font settings" it lets you manage your font.
Or maybe the TTF file you got was corrupted...
I downloaded mine from this url https://freefontsfamily.com/helvetica-neue-font-free/ if it can help :-/
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 02:02 PM   #636
norbury brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeavelwyn View Post
Hello,

I'm using flat madness theme with helvetica on windows 10 64bits without any issues, so maybe your issue is more related by a registry key you deleted accidentaly. Are you sure the keys you removed were totaly related to Helvetica ?
Moreover, I never had to use regedit to manipulate fonts in windows, there is a special function called "font settings" it lets you manage your font.
Or maybe the TTF file you got was corrupted...
I downloaded mine from this url https://freefontsfamily.com/helvetica-neue-font-free/ if it can help :-/
it's perhaps a window 11 issue then but if you google 'helvetica neu issues' you'll see it's a big probelm.

I'm an experienced professional user and believe me I know how to add and remove fonts the regular way(s)

I had to resort to the registry then safe mode to actually remove this font fully.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/as...-font-use.html

https://superuser.com/questions/1720...ult-windows-10

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport...elvetica_neue/

the list is endless but there a few examples

this has affected my Laptop and my main DAW machine so it's not an isolated case.

It's cost me now probably a day of my time to sort this out fully.

M
Old 12-05-2022, 09:45 AM   #637
gapalil001

Quote:
update:

you cannot just uninstall the Helvetica neu font either....

You have to boot into safe mode to be able to do this even after deleting the fonts in the registry

M
as i said above, helvetica really does not necessary, and you may not see the differences in general, so it's a good idea i guess to allow Arial replace them automatically. also i replaced this advice from description
Old 12-07-2022, 07:58 AM   #638
norbury brook

Quote:
as i said above, helvetica really does not necessary, and you may not see the differences in general, so it's a good idea i guess to allow Arial replace them automatically. also i replaced this advice from description
great glad it can help someone else in future.

M

p.s. do you think you'll do a narrow mixer version so we can see more tracks in the mixer without scrolling? that's the only thing i really miss with this theme as the standard mixer strips are quite wide.

Last edited by norbury brook; 12-07-2022 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:22 AM   #639
gapalil001

Quote:
p.s. do you think you'll do a narrow mixer version so we can see more tracks in the mixer without scrolling? that's the only thing i really miss with this theme as the standard mixer strips are quite wide.
seems that the solution is already exists - let's have a try MCP "meterbridge" layout
Old 12-07-2022, 10:36 AM   #640
norbury brook

Quote:
seems that the solution is already exists - let's have a try MCP "meterbridge" layout
Ah OK, I'll give that a go thanks

M