Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 02-28-2018, 05:32 AM   #1
drmacchius
Human being with feelings

Default Tipp for Newbee Songwrither and Midi-Composer

Hello People. I´m evaluating reaper. I am very interesssed on it, because I like its performance and customizing tools. Evenso its audio toll, that don´t need other audio editing plugin as Wave oder Tools as Wavelab. I played Piano and Synthetizers a long time aber I haven´t have a sequencer. So I am a newbie on the Midi composing and I hat a lot of MIDI instruments and I need a complex midi setup.

Reaper can a lot of things but without customisation is not intuitive. It ist difficult for me anyting customizing, if I have not clear idea of what I must do.

A lot of people says me, that for me I standard DAW as cubase, studio one or logic possible a better chose ist. But I know, that there are a lot of user Themes and Script, that give reaper the same Functions of the other DAWs.

Can you help me? Hi need a tippabout the best way to beginn in the MIDI music with with reaper? The gioia´s Video are good but they aren´t focused on my target.
Are there a theme or customized form of Repaer, that help me in the lerning time with MIDI sequencing an in the time, in that I understand what i´d like to do and I make my customisation ?
drmacchius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:20 AM   #2
DarkStar

I do not think that themes will help.

One way to get started is find a MIDI file of some tune you are familiar with, load it into Reaper have a look at it in the MIDI Editor. You will see the MIDI notes there - they may be on different MIDI channel or even on separate MIDI tracks.

To play it, you should consider some sort of multi-timbral (that is, multi-sound) instrument plug-in. On Windows you could output the MIDI file to the Microsoft Wavetable Synth, but that is not recommended for any serious work.

As for editing, there is loads of detail in the Reaper User Guide. Also, check out
https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php
Old 02-28-2018, 02:34 PM   #3
drmacchius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
I do not think that themes will help.

One way to get started is find a MIDI file of some tune you are familiar with, load it into Reaper have a look at it in the MIDI Editor. You will see the MIDI notes there - they may be on different MIDI channel or even on separate MIDI tracks.

To play it, you should consider some sort of multi-timbral (that is, multi-sound) instrument plug-in. On Windows you could output the MIDI file to the Microsoft Wavetable Synth, but that is not recommended for any serious work.

As for editing, there is loads of detail in the Reaper User Guide. Also, check out
https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php
I‘ll tre it, altough I think that a just Organized desktop, Template and Button with the Most important midi Action could help the newb....a lot of modo Funktion are User Script: it ist difficile for the Newbe know what help an where is ist to find and how efficiently costomizing can
drmacchius is offline   Reply With Quote