Old 11-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #41
kawa_
Human being with feelings
 
kawa_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 117
Default

wow! Nice action!
Many Thanks lb0
__________________
web | kawaScripts | donate | twitter |
kawa_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:47 PM   #42
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivannn Bennnettt View Post
Actually it turned out that without resizing window of plugins there don't fit many one(
But what if do 2-3 columns for it then switch between them? I don't know

Sorry if I confused you with that
well your image is just the same as fit but with the xy axis swapped (and plugins centred in each column) . I can add a new layout option.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #43
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa_ View Post
wow! Nice action!
Many Thanks lb0
Thanks - hope it's useful
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #44
Ivannn Bennnettt
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
well your image is just the same as fit but with the xy axis swapped (and plugins centred in each column) . I can add a new layout option.
Thank you but actually it's not like fit mode in my case it's rather more vertical mode chain order goes from top to down and from left to right

btw if horizontal mode center to bottom it'll be look like ableton rack style)
Ivannn Bennnettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:34 AM   #45
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Hey lb0. Thank you very much! Again something really useful and very much appreciated.

I have one feature request if you don't mind and I really hope it's not too much work.

This feature is esp requested for tracks with a lot of plugins, particularly for this one here:
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/31454/INTE...RTrackTemplate

I really love that one - especially in these "Elevate"-Days, because I think this strip is the predecessor of the Elevate Idea, no?

anyways... the thing is that I don't know if there's a function or feature to hide plugins of a chain that you don't need to put your hands on while mixing.. of this chain I need only 8 plugins to tweak the chain to the track's personal needs (actually only 4 get tweaked and the other 4 function as the visual feedback of it).

Plugins with the names (BASS, LOW,...) are the ones to be the source for the PM tweaking and the plugins named INTELLIGENT EQ... are the visual feedback.

My wish is that I could group these together to open these up at one click and at a desired spot on the screen. (Would it be possible to save the screen position of such groups? That would be amazing..but only nice to have).

Many thanks again for the great tool and in advance.
Frank
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:40 AM   #46
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
Hey lb0. Thank you very much! Again something really useful and very much appreciated.

I have one feature request if you don't mind and I really hope it's not too much work.

This feature is esp requested for tracks with a lot of plugins, particularly for this one here:
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/31454/INTE...RTrackTemplate

I really love that one - especially in these "Elevate"-Days, because I think this strip is the predecessor of the Elevate Idea, no?

anyways... the thing is that I don't know if there's a function or feature to hide plugins of a chain that you don't need to put your hands on while mixing.. of this chain I need only 8 plugins to tweak the chain to the track's personal needs (actually only 4 get tweaked and the other 4 function as the visual feedback of it).

Plugins with the names (BASS, LOW,...) are the ones to be the source for the PM tweaking and the plugins named INTELLIGENT EQ... are the visual feedback.

My wish is that I could group these together to open these up at one click and at a desired spot on the screen. (Would it be possible to save the screen position of such groups? That would be amazing..but only nice to have).

Many thanks again for the great tool and in advance.
Frank
Hi Frank,

Well you can Ctrl+Click on the plugin name in the list (in Setup version) and it will not be included in the organized layout. This basically blacklists any plugins with that name from ever showing up. So with some organization - you should already be able to achieve this.

At the moment - this is only working in the SetUp version of the script - although I will catch up with the open/prev/next scripts soon.

Let me know if this covers what you want...

EDIT: What is this Elevate you speak of? Genuinely intrigued...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 11-13-2017 at 02:45 AM.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:57 AM   #47
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi Frank,

Well you can Ctrl+Click on the plugin name in the list (in Setup version) and it will not be included in the organized layout. This basically blacklists any plugins with that name from ever showing up. So with some organization - you should already be able to achieve this.

At the moment - this is only working in the SetUp version of the script - although I will catch up with the open/prev/next scripts soon.

Let me know if this covers what you want...

EDIT: What is this Elevate you speak of? Genuinely intrigued...

Wow that was fast. Thank you! I'll try that. But will that be remembered with the project or even better with the TrackTemplate? Or do I have to do this blacklisting every time I open a project with that chain?


Elevate = Elevate Bundle | Eventide ;-)
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:01 AM   #48
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
Wow that was fast. Thank you! I'll try that. But will that be remembered with the project or even better with the TrackTemplate? Or do I have to do this blacklisting every time I open a project with that chain?


Elevate = Elevate Bundle | Eventide ;-)
The blacklist is global. Will be remembered in any project. This is why if you say add ReaControlMIDI to the blacklist - it won't appear anywhere, but if you do want it to appear in one place - simply rename that instance to something else. EDIT: Or maybe be on the safer side - rename the ones you want hidden - then blacklist those. Then future additions of the plugin will show up if you need them... But blacklisting is as simple as Ctrl+clicking on the plugin name - and again - Ctrl+click again to unblacklist it!

Ah - I know about the Elevate bundle - I have half of it (the free half ) Was keen on the Limiter - but sadly funds won't allow before Christmas...

I've not seen this reaper chain - sounds interesting...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:10 AM   #49
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
The blacklist is global. Will be remembered in any project. This is why if you say add ReaControlMIDI to the blacklist - it won't appear anywhere, but if you do want it to appear in one place - simply rename that instance to something else. EDIT: Or maybe be on the safer side - rename the ones you want hidden - then blacklist those. Then future additions of the plugin will show up if you need them... But blacklisting is as simple as Ctrl+clicking on the plugin name - and again - Ctrl+click again to unblacklist it!

Ah - I know about the Elevate bundle - I have half of it (the free half ) Was keen on the Limiter - but sadly funds won't allow before Christmas...

I've not seen this reaper chain - sounds interesting...
Genious!! That is amazing and such a big time saver. THANKS MAN!!

Same here for me with the Elevate Bundle - although the upgrade is only 66 USD at the DontCrack Store (PivateDealsZone..)

I'll see if I'll do it or not..

Because...Intelligent EQ is freaqin amazing...although of course not as flexible as Elevete (esp with regards to the Transients...but hey)

When you wanna try it..use the TrackTemplate and then DO ONLY TWEAK THE "Trig...Faders" which do control the ReaContrlMIDI Track which control the PM...

It's like magic and I can't believe why so less people have found it in the archives :-)

It's heavy on CPU (as Elevate is also..) but ....well you'll get it ;-)

Read the description in the thread---perfect volume peak of the tweaked items...but..with th Trigger Faders you actually don't care an tweak it :-)

-->>The chain is calibrated for a -6db PEAK signal approximately. Make sure you normalize your signal to that level for optimal operation.

Last edited by skippertag; 11-13-2017 at 03:34 AM.
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:16 AM   #50
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivannn Bennnettt View Post
Thank you but actually it's not like fit mode in my case it's rather more vertical mode chain order goes from top to down and from left to right

btw if horizontal mode center to bottom it'll be look like ableton rack style)
New update - includes Columns mode.

Also added a new button underneath the mode one - which basically lets you select the alignment within columns/rows.

Again - so far only setup version will work with this new feature.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:20 AM   #51
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
New update - includes Columns mode.

Also added a new button underneath the mode one - which basically lets you select the alignment within columns/rows.

Again - so far only setup version will work with this new feature.
Thanks!

I'll try..

One other thing.. I blacklisted the unneeded and with the setting FIT all is good.... but when I want to see horizontal (and the others, too) all the blacklisted plugins are still within these groups although not shown..

Wouldn't it be better to avoid the blacklisted ones be part of the selection?
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:28 AM   #52
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
Thanks!

I'll try..

One other thing.. I blacklisted the unneeded and with the setting FIT all is good.... but when I want to see horizontal (and the others, too) all the blacklisted plugins are still within these groups although not shown..

Wouldn't it be better to avoid the blacklisted ones be part of the selection?
How do you mean? in the plugin list?

You would prefer the blacklisted plugins hidden altogether from the list? Main issue with that is how do you unblacklist them??

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean.

BTW - there was a minor bug with FIT mode vertical position - whch I've now fixed.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:37 AM   #53
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
How do you mean? in the plugin list?

You would prefer the blacklisted plugins hidden altogether from the list? Main issue with that is how do you unblacklist them??

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean.

BTW - there was a minor bug with FIT mode vertical position - whch I've now fixed.
When I Cntrl+Click the plugin number or name gets grey (blacklisted)... good...but when I click on the "SHOW" button above the greyed/blacklisted plugins get a yellow background, too - I think it's better to keep them away from "trying" to get shown, no?
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:43 AM   #54
Ivannn Bennnettt
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 268
Default

WoW! You everything did and you didn't even say that)

Thank you extremely much It will be very useful!

You just have to be in reapack! Why not yet?!)

Keep it up!
Ivannn Bennnettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:16 AM   #55
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
When I Cntrl+Click the plugin number or name gets grey (blacklisted)... good...but when I click on the "SHOW" button above the greyed/blacklisted plugins get a yellow background, too - I think it's better to keep them away from "trying" to get shown, no?
Well they aren't trying to get shown - it's just a visual cue to show that there is something also below that is being shown... I tried both ways before - both are fine but personally preferred what I ended up with.

The yellow box is darker and name still greyed. But if it's really an issue I can change it.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:16 AM   #56
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivannn Bennnettt View Post
WoW! You everything did and you didn't even say that)

Thank you extremely much It will be very useful!

You just have to be in reapack! Why not yet?!)

Keep it up!
Reapack is on the cards...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:17 AM   #57
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Well they aren't trying to get shown - it's just a visual cue to show that there is something also below that is being shown... I tried both ways before - both are fine but personally preferred what I ended up with.

The yellow box is darker and name still greyed. But if it's really an issue I can change it.
:-)
smiles
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:26 AM   #58
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
:-)
smiles
Try the update
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:19 PM   #59
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Try the update
Mejor!

At least I like very much better! How about you?

When it comes to Columns - I don't really get a clue about how left, center and right is changing something on my screen..
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #60
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
Mejor!

At least I like very much better! How about you?

When it comes to Columns - I don't really get a clue about how left, center and right is changing something on my screen..
will only be noticeable on a page where you have stacked plugins. justifies to left/centre or right in column.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #61
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
will only be noticeable on a page where you have stacked plugins. justifies to left/centre or right in column.
You mean when a plugin is smaller than the column width?
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #62
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
You mean when a plugin is smaller than the column width?
yes - as the column width is set to the largest plugin width in the column - if there is only 1 plugin in the column the justify option won't make any difference.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #63
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

ah ja... thanks!

I hope I'm not bothering you - I have another question if you don't mind :-)

Have you got the chance to check the TrackTemplate? ;-)

And one more seriously:
I have a feeling that the naming possibilities for the tracks in your great tool are a little limited... in that TrackTemplate e.g. are a lot of tracks that are named something like that: 100Hz - 17/18

Your tool is showing only the rest behind the / --- in this case 18
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #64
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
ah ja... thanks!

I hope I'm not bothering you - I have another question if you don't mind :-)

Have you got the chance to check the TrackTemplate? ;-)

And one more seriously:
I have a feeling that the naming possibilities for the tracks in your great tool are a little limited... in that TrackTemplate e.g. are a lot of tracks that are named something like that: 100Hz - 17/18

Your tool is showing only the rest behind the / --- in this case 18
There is a reason for that - JSFX plugins. JSFX plugins always have their full path in the name - thus I trim everything before the final / to just get the plugin name (otherwise you end up with silly long names and the actual plugin name gets truncated unless the script window is very wide (which is a waste of space).

What I would suggest you do is load the track template into an empty track - rename those plugins with something other than a / as the separator - then save the track template again.

This is almost certainly preferable to having really long JSFX names.

I guess I could do a hack workaround and have a minimum length for a name string - but this is a little more unnecessary workload for the script (nothing much - but I like to keep things as efficient as possible).

Will continue to think on it - but for now - unless I come up with a worthy workaround - I would just rename the plugins in the template (you'd only need to do it once for all new projects) - i guess it's more of an issue for old projects... Will continue to think on it...

EDIT: Aah - I think that may be for Stripper where it needs to read the actual plugin file name from the Chunk. This project doesn't do that - so it doesn't get the full filename - I will indeed remove the trim before any /
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 11-13-2017 at 01:35 PM.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #65
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
There is a reason for that - JSFX plugins. JSFX plugins always have their full path in the name - thus I trim everything before the final / to just get the plugin name (otherwise you end up with silly long names and the actual plugin name gets truncated unless the script window is very wide (which is a waste of space).

What I would suggest you do is load the track template into an empty track - rename those plugins with something other than a / as the separator - then save the track template again.

This is almost certainly preferable to having really long JSFX names.

I guess I could do a hack workaround and have a minimum length for a name string - but this is a little more unnecessary workload for the script (nothing much - but I like to keep things as efficient as possible).

Will continue to think on it - but for now - unless I come up with a worthy workaround - I would just rename the plugins in the template (you'd only need to do it once for all new projects) - i guess it's more of an issue for old projects... Will continue to think on it...
All good - Now as I know I can handle that - please don't do any unneeded work :-)

PS: The choosing between FIT, ....Column, etc is done by clicking... as the possibilities seem to evolve --- have you already thought about a Dropdown? ;-)
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #66
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
ah ja... thanks!

I hope I'm not bothering you - I have another question if you don't mind :-)

Have you got the chance to check the TrackTemplate? ;-)

And one more seriously:
I have a feeling that the naming possibilities for the tracks in your great tool are a little limited... in that TrackTemplate e.g. are a lot of tracks that are named something like that: 100Hz - 17/18

Your tool is showing only the rest behind the / --- in this case 18
Ok - updated - this seems to work ok (not tested with the track template yet)
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #67
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
All good - Now as I know I can handle that - please don't do any unneeded work :-)

PS: The choosing between FIT, ....Column, etc is done by clicking... as the possibilities seem to evolve --- have you already thought about a Dropdown? ;-)
Well the way I've set the buttons up - there's no extra code in there in the selection of each setting (a table value is used), Unless you feel it's unnecessary screen estate wasted - or any other reason.

I have thought about simply hiding the settings away until they are required though... So for normal use - just the show button and everything underneath it is visible...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #68
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
All good - Now as I know I can handle that - please don't do any unneeded work :-)

PS: The choosing between FIT, ....Column, etc is done by clicking... as the possibilities seem to evolve --- have you already thought about a Dropdown? ;-)
By the way - you did notice I *fixed* the truncation of the fx names. (incase you missed the edit to my message)
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #69
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
By the way - you did notice I *fixed* the truncation of the fx names. (incase you missed the edit to my message)
Hehehe yes, Sir. Man you're really fast :-)

It's working over here and I can see all the correct names now...although I had to Cntrl+Click them again to make them grey again...but..hey...that was fun being faster than last time :-)))
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:12 PM   #70
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
Hehehe yes, Sir. Man you're really fast :-)

It's working over here and I can see all the correct names now...although I had to Cntrl+Click them again to make them grey again...but..hey...that was fun being faster than last time :-)))
Yes - as the names are used to blacklist the plugins - that would need to be done (once) as the names are now different.

You may wish to locate the text file (in Scripts/LBX/FXPositionerData/) and delete the superfluous fx names which now cannot be removed via the interface. Only if you're OCD like me in reality you'll notice zero difference in performance if a few unused names are left in there...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #71
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Yes - as the names are used to blacklist the plugins - that would need to be done (once) as the names are now different.

You may wish to locate the text file (in Scripts/LBX/FXPositionerData/) and delete the superfluous fx names which now cannot be removed via the interface. Only if you're OCD like me in reality you'll notice zero difference in performance if a few unused names are left in there...

Done...thanks

Alrighty...I'm off now ...totally tired

Good night and talk to you later

and...

Many many thanks for that great tool!!!
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:49 PM   #72
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 353
Default

Thanks for the scripts Leon! Very useful.

I think I may have found a bug or 2.

When the selected track has no FX, running these scripts successively:
  • Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open.lua
  • Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_NextPage.lua
Causes this error:
Code:
LBX_FXFloatPos_NextPage.lua:43: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
=====================

Also, I've found a weird thing with LBX_FloatPos and Guitar Rig 5. If I clear the rack in GR5 then run Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open.lua or SHOW in the SetUp GUI, the last selected preset is reloaded.... odd

EDIT: oops, old version, updating....

EDIT2: Updated,.. hmmm, Now I get errors just running Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open.lua on a track with no FX.

(btw, I used github's zip download, hope that's not messing things up)
__________________
TJA MIDI JSFX | REAPER-OSC-panels | erthoide

Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin; 11-21-2017 at 07:04 PM.
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:44 AM   #73
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Thanks for the scripts Leon! Very useful.

I think I may have found a bug or 2.

When the selected track has no FX, running these scripts successively:
  • Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open.lua
  • Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_NextPage.lua
Causes this error:
Code:
LBX_FXFloatPos_NextPage.lua:43: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
=====================

Also, I've found a weird thing with LBX_FloatPos and Guitar Rig 5. If I clear the rack in GR5 then run Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open.lua or SHOW in the SetUp GUI, the last selected preset is reloaded.... odd

EDIT: oops, old version, updating....

EDIT2: Updated,.. hmmm, Now I get errors just running Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open.lua on a track with no FX.

(btw, I used github's zip download, hope that's not messing things up)
Thanks for reporting. Will look into fixing...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:31 AM   #74
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Thanks for the scripts Leon! Very useful.

I think I may have found a bug or 2.

When the selected track has no FX, running these scripts successively:
  • Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open.lua
  • Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_NextPage.lua
Causes this error:
Code:
LBX_FXFloatPos_NextPage.lua:43: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
=====================

Also, I've found a weird thing with LBX_FloatPos and Guitar Rig 5. If I clear the rack in GR5 then run Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open.lua or SHOW in the SetUp GUI, the last selected preset is reloaded.... odd

EDIT: oops, old version, updating....

EDIT2: Updated,.. hmmm, Now I get errors just running Script: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open.lua on a track with no FX.

(btw, I used github's zip download, hope that's not messing things up)
Ok - bugs should be fixed - You need to update Setup and Open scripts.

The guitar rig issue is more to do with guitar rig than anything I'm doing wrong. When you choose a preset in Guitar Rig - it creates a PRESET tag in the track fx chunk. When you choose to clear the rack using the X button - it doesn't remove this preset tag. So when my script repositions the windows (using the chunk) - it triggers the preset to reload in that instance of guitar rig.

However - I have checked - and it doesn't reset the rack to the preset defaults if you haven't cleared it (ie. it still remembers any changes you make to a preset). So you can use fine with the FX Positioner.

If you change the preset to No Preset using Reaper's dropdown to clear the rack - the previous preset doesn't reappear.

I think you'll find that this will happen with Guitar Rig if you use any scripts that modify the track chunk.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #75
Ivannn Bennnettt
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 268
Default

Hi Leon

How's it going with reeapack? I saw you did index Does it work?
Ivannn Bennnettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #76
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 353
Default

Working great now. Thanks!
__________________
TJA MIDI JSFX | REAPER-OSC-panels | erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #77
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivannn Bennnettt View Post
Hi Leon

How's it going with reeapack? I saw you did index Does it work?
I'm afraid I've not had time to get it all sorted yet :/

But will do when I've got my current work out of the way

Will update here when I get it working...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #78
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Working great now. Thanks!
Great!!

Just remember - some plugs on some systems don't play nicely (not many - I've found 3 in my fairly large arsenal of plugins). The main culprit that caught me out was VST2 version of Equalize (Acon).

If the track chunk gets changed (which happens when you use show button (in Setup - or change track - with follow track option enabled) or use the open script - in order to position the windows)

- VST2 version of Equalize resets to flat :/. So I opened an old project and was happily editing/saving the project - then I realized the eq's had been reset - and I couldn't undo... aargh! I knew about this issue and have since only used the VST3 version which is fine - but too late for that project! Had to re-eq everything (although think I did it better 2nd time around )

Anyway - just be sure that changing the chunk doesn't reset any plugins or reload the current preset. I've found this happens also in Nebula 4 VST3 version, as well as less severely in Guitar Rig (which you pointed out to me) - which just reloads the last preset if you've cleared the rack.

So worth being aware of. Same issue happens in Stripper with these plugins, and likely every other script that changes the track chunk - including some SWS actions. To me it's a bug in those plugins. So if you do notice anything - worth checking if there are other formats available for the plugin (ie VST2/3) which may not suffer the same issue.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:25 PM   #79
Ivannn Bennnettt
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 268
Default

thank you for your time
Ivannn Bennnettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:17 PM   #80
skippertag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 396
Default

Hey Leon,

Tonight, while I was thinking a bit about some things, an idea for a new feature or even a joint venture came up to me..

You know, especially with the Fx Rack script of Eugene there is a good chance that people will make use of complex channel routings more and more often.

How about to implement your floating Fx positioner into his script in order to be able to open and see all the plugins of one channel pair with just one click of your script?

Or do the same thing with just your Floating positioner - show all the plugins of just one channel pair of tracks that have a channel count >2?

Kind Regards

Frank
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.