Old 08-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #1
thevisi0nary
Human being with feelings

Default Could someone make me a "template" for this simple script?

Hello, not very good with coding yet. There is a simple set of actions that I have been using and would think id'd be less cumbersome if it was bundled into a single script. It's basically a legato script that takes a note and trims it left by a set fixed set of milliseconds. The reason these actions are helpful is because sample libraries like Cinematic Studio Strings have 4 legato speeds each with a different fixed time delay and trigger at a different velocity.

How I've been doing it.

Custom action 1:
- Move edit cursor to start of of events
- Set note velocity to (x)
- Move edit cursor left by (x) milliseconds

Action 2:
- Trim left edge of note to edit cursor

Basically the two main problems is that 1. I would ideally love to combine both of these actions to a single one, but the "trim left edge of note to edit cursor" does not work in a custom action for some reason, so I have to do it separately. The other thing is that I have a very strange custom action for the "Set note velocity to (x)" which essentially boils down a bunch of actions that incrementally set the note velocity to zero, then move it incrementally upwards accordingly to the appropriate number (say a velocity number of 64 for example).

It would be great to have a template for a script that combined all these actions into something more fluent, and then could easily edit the values for each one so that you can have separate legato speeds (at a fixed amount each time).

So something like:

CS Strings: Portato
- Stretch note edge left by (x) milliseconds
- Set note velocity to (x)

Thanks to anyone who is able to help.
thevisi0nary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #2
dangguidan
Human being with feelings

Do you process one or more selected notes at a time?
Is velocity and start time of reduction the same value?
The starting time can only be reduced by Tick, and this value cannot be greater than velocity.
dangguidan is offline   Reply With Quote