Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
_TIP_
Human being with feelings

Default External Instrument device Like Ableton Live (routing audio+midi in 1 track)

Hi guys :-)
The past few weeks i started learning Reaper and actually i'm blown away from the flexibility of the program and the endless JS devices and scripts that intelligent and skilled people created on this forum (You are my Heroes)
My only problem with Reaper is the annoying routing for rewire, multi-out vsti's and external hardware devices, just makes my workflow so slow and difficult... For every single (device,output) i have to create 1 audio, 1 midi and (1 folder) channel... I know all about saving templates and showing or hiding tracks from the mixer but it's just not working for me, the reason i switched from Ableton to Reaper is for the customization and flexibility that makes me work much faster!

I recently found out the (Feedback routing in project settings) that does the trick but:
Feedback routing introduces latency on each track is used, the latency depends on your audio buffer

I'm not sure if it's easy or possible to create something like the External Instrument device in Ableton, i would really appreciate if you could create something like that!!!

Here is a quick video that i made to show you how the external Instrument device works in Ableton(in this example it's working with reason devices rewired into Ableton but the device works exactly the same with multi-out vsti's outputs and external hardware instruments)

Thank you ;-)

Last edited by _TIP_; 05-20-2014 at 11:54 PM.
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote