Old 08-27-2018, 05:13 PM   #1
jcjr
Human being with feelings

Default jcjr PeakLimit 2

Uploaded jcjrPeakLimit2.zip to the stash, which is a lookahead peak limiter.

I wrote most of it a couple years ago to work in series connection with the lookahead rms compressor I uploaded then, for my own hobby mastering activities. But only recently did I finally tidy the peak limiter code and write a manual.

The html manual is included in the zip file. The manual can also be read (and the file downloaded) at: http://errnum.com/html/jcjr_peaklimit2.html
jcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #2
mschnell

Recently there was a request from someone for a decent peak limiter in another subforum. So it would be great to have your work in ReaPack .

(It might be possible to convert the html documentation to the "markdown" about format, but at least you can provide a link in about. )

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:14 AM   #3
X-Raym

Very nice to have such detailed doc and even the flowchart !

It could indeed be shared with Reapack

Last edited by X-Raym; 08-28-2018 at 02:38 AM.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #4
michaeltonight

Wow. Amazing documentation! Can't wait to install and try it! Thank you so much!
michaeltonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:51 AM   #5
jcjr

Thanks hopefully it will be useful to somebody.

Maybe I can study on how to add it to ReaPack. If anyone would want to add it to ReaPack then that would be good I'd appreciate it.

The only two plugins to add at the moment would be the peaklimiter and the lookahead rms compressor whose manual/file is available here: http://errnum.com/html/jcjr_rms_compressor.html

Install of the limiter requires 5 files in the same directory, the PeakLimiter jsfx file plus four png files used by the meter code.

Install of the RMSComp requires another 5 files, the RMSComp jsfx file plus four meter png files.

The html manuals downloaded in the zip files are just a html file plus some png images used by the manual.htm. It is the same content as the web pages, only edited to relative-link to local disk image files rather than relative-link into the website images folders.

So if including a downloaded manual in ReaPack would be a hassle, then just a link to the relevant web pages in an about box somewhere would probably do fine. I just wanted to include a manual with the download and using about the same HTML as the web page saved duplication of effort compared to making a pdf manual or whatever.

I mean, there is no feature for the user to click a help button or hit the F1 key within the jsfx in order to launch the manual. I don't even know if that is possible in jsfx.
jcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:12 PM   #6
Thonex

Wonderful! And the documentation id really nice.

I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.. but I'm sure I will one of these days.

Thanks for posting this.

Cheers,

Andrew K
Old 08-28-2018, 02:17 PM   #7
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjr View Post
I mean, there is no feature for the user to click a help button or hit the F1 key within the jsfx in order to launch the manual. I don't even know if that is possible in jsfx.
Something like this in fact is possible by installing a script that CFillion once provided.

But if you open the ReapPack "browse" GUI, just doubleclicking on a contribution shows the "about" information in a dedicated window. Please see any of my contributions on how the "about" information is inserted in the JSFX source code. You will easily find a description of the "markdown" notation in the Internet.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote