Old 11-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #5521
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings

Hi There!

yes they are Controls (Open GUI - Flash / Flash Inv.)

as tried to say it was just a cosmetic TOL thingy .. not a must have one too

as an (selfish ) example:
in the picture there is 4 separate strips
obviously i have to create and save them in the separate tracks
since I want them to be in harmony visually
also i have to align the control names one by one left or right carefully

thought would good to have if there is options Stick to Left & Right

as a final:

if needs that much work .. please just ignore!

EDIT:

when loading a Strip that has Fixed Snapshots .. shows already selected in the right click menu
but they doesn't work..
needs re select the same settings in the menu..

do i missing anything obvious?

-motto-

Last edited by timbralzoom; 11-24-2018 at 11:14 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #5522
RJHollins

Hi GANG.

Have a 'design/functionality' question.

In my STRIP design, I use the 'JS:A/B LEVEL MATCH' pair of plugs, bookend the main plugin.

I would like to have a single BUTTON that would knock BOTH A/B plugs OFFLINE.

Currently I have a Button for each ... but it clutters.

Is there a way to control 2 instances from a single GUI Button? Is so, what is the best strategy ?

Thanks.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:58 AM   #5523
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Hi GANG.

Have a 'design/functionality' question.

In my STRIP design, I use the 'JS:A/B LEVEL MATCH' pair of plugs, bookend the main plugin.

I would like to have a single BUTTON that would knock BOTH A/B plugs OFFLINE.

Currently I have a Button for each ... but it clutters.

Is there a way to control 2 instances from a single GUI Button? Is so, what is the best strategy ?

Thanks.
Add the fx offline parameter from both plugins. Then add a macro control - add both the fx offline controls to the macro control - change the macro control to BUTTON type. Hide the individual FX Offline controls.

That should do what you want.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:10 PM   #5524
RJHollins

Thank you Sir

Part B: Can a Macro Control 'control' another Mac Cntl ? Thinking in lines of single and GLOBAL.

thanks
Old 11-25-2018, 01:51 PM   #5525
lb0

Quote:
Thank you Sir

Part B: Can a Macro Control 'control' another Mac Cntl ? Thinking in lines of single and GLOBAL.

thanks
Hmmm - not currently. I know I tried it once and it worked ok - but I might have eventually decided it wasn't a good idea as it was quite easy to end up joining the macro controls in a loop which killed everything - instant Reaper crash.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:59 PM   #5526
RJHollins

Yeah ... just tried it ... nothing. [but I thought I had it working somehow with my other STRIPS]. Just can't recall how I did that. :| Was it a MacroControl, or something else. They still work. I need to visit those, and see if I can trace what I did.

thx

---- EDIT ----

Ah ... coming back to me. I had a MACRO assigned to ALL of the Buttons I wanted to control ... just like we always do.

So I guess I temp UN-hide them, make a Control, assign them, then HIDE them.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:18 PM   #5527
RJHollins

Another design question

Since many new features have happened with Stripper over the time ... I want to be sure to go the best route.

Here's the goal:

For all my designs [mostly N-4], I always use the A/B Level Match pair.

I always have to build out the A/B section everytime ... not a big deal ... but still.

Part of the 'design' also involves the N-4 OUTPUT GAIN parameter.

What would be the best way to do this in Stripper, to build 1 complete A/B module that could be dragged-in/imported into a new design [or replace an old one].

I know that I still have to customized the A/B plugs for different CHANNELs, and reset the PDC for each N4 instance [expected]. But minimizing the Parameter Connections would be useful.

Thoughts ... suggestions ?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2018, 03:07 AM   #5528
lb0

Quote:
Another design question

Since many new features have happened with Stripper over the time ... I want to be sure to go the best route.

Here's the goal:

For all my designs [mostly N-4], I always use the A/B Level Match pair.

I always have to build out the A/B section everytime ... not a big deal ... but still.

Part of the 'design' also involves the N-4 OUTPUT GAIN parameter.

What would be the best way to do this in Stripper, to build 1 complete A/B module that could be dragged-in/imported into a new design [or replace an old one].

I know that I still have to customized the A/B plugs for different CHANNELs, and reset the PDC for each N4 instance [expected]. But minimizing the Parameter Connections would be useful.

Thoughts ... suggestions ?

Thanks
I'd agree that probably making a specific module for the AB Pair - then tweaking it around what you're building is probably the best route.

I don't fully understand what you're trying to achieve though - so there might be alternative methods.

The strip switchers have become all powerful more recently - and much more useful in certain situations/modes. But I've been away from the Stripper (working on Smart Knobs 2) recently - and so the finer details of these new features have faded temporarily.

They can be set up as kind of 'insert' points - where a marker is set in the track fx list - and when you add a strip to a switcher - it will place the fx at it's marker (so not always at the end of the chain). This allows you to build more modular set ups easily.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #5529
RJHollins

strip switchers

OK ... I'll look back into this thread.

As for what I'm doing ... mainly I make N-4 equalizer STRIPS.
I always need a GAIN, Q, FREQ, various Bypass switches, A/B module, etc.

Nothing major, but since I've been away ... STRIPPER has had many enhancements. Some of the features went beyond my initial needs ... but I still tried to follow this thread to keep up.

Thanks again !
Old 11-29-2018, 07:41 AM   #5530
briandress

Just learned of this script recently from @pipelineaudio. Really awesome solution for me building a live guitar rig. The tough part for me is building out everything for multiple different amp plugins. I will often use the same amp at different settings for patches or switch between amps and different settings for many plugs. I’m curious if there is any possibility to use templates to quickly integrate all the controls needed for various different plugins. My example case is thermionik. Many different amps that all have the same parameters to be adjusted. It would be awesome when building a control set if there was a way to automatically place the same ten knobs for ten different similar plugins. Maybe this is possible already and I just haven’t found it.

Also, is there a pdf documentation resource anyone could point me to that I could use to get a deeper understanding of the scripts capabilities?

Thanks for the work on this! I love it so far
briandress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:11 AM   #5531
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandress View Post
Just learned of this script recently from @pipelineaudio. Really awesome solution for me building a live guitar rig. The tough part for me is building out everything for multiple different amp plugins. I will often use the same amp at different settings for patches or switch between amps and different settings for many plugs. I’m curious if there is any possibility to use templates to quickly integrate all the controls needed for various different plugins. My example case is thermionik. Many different amps that all have the same parameters to be adjusted. It would be awesome when building a control set if there was a way to automatically place the same ten knobs for ten different similar plugins. Maybe this is possible already and I just haven’t found it.

Also, is there a pdf documentation resource anyone could point me to that I could use to get a deeper understanding of the scripts capabilities?

Thanks for the work on this! I love it so far
I'm afraid as of yet - I have not produced any real documentation. I agree it is needed - but also this is a project I'm not really paid for - so the boring stuff tends to not get done! I sometimes get donations for new features - but no-one has donated towards a manual (and that's a very big task).

Anyway - there are ways of doing what you want to reduce completely building new strips from scratch.

Best way is design the strip exactly how you want it for one of the Thermionik plugins.

Save this as a strip - so you can import it into new projects.

Load it into a new project - replace the plugin for the new one you want to link up to -

then in FX EDIT mode ('F' key shortcut) - Click and hold on the plugin name in the left sidebar - after about a second a box appears which you can drag over the controls in the strip to assign the new plugin parameters to those controls.

Then resave the strip under the new plugin name.

EDIT: You might notice that the controls appear offline if you delete the original plugin before reassigning the controls. But they should come back to life if you change track and come back to the original track. Alternatively - to avoid this - you could simply reassign the plugin parameters before deleting the original plugin.

This works well for plugins with the same automatable parameter layout.

If the parameters are differing enough that this doesn't work well - you can simply drag each plugin parameter over each associated strip control individually to reassign them.

This saves having to build the strip from scratch each time.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:47 AM   #5532
briandress

That is quite helpful sir. So here is the use case, if I want to have a project with three different thermionik plugs for a live performance I can make one strip and then duplicate the strip by importing two more and then drag the two other plugin names over to the imported strips?
Old 11-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #5533
lb0

Quote:
That is quite helpful sir. So here is the use case, if I want to have a project with three different thermionik plugs for a live performance I can make one strip and then duplicate the strip by importing two more and then drag the two other plugin names over to the imported strips?
Yes you can do that.

Or save each individually - to drag in whenever you want that thermionik plugin.

Personally - I would create a single separate strip for each Thermionik plugin (create them like I said - overwrite the plugin assignments for each different one).

Then simply drag in whichever strip/s you require for a project.

If you don't save each as a separate strip - you'll only have access to them in the current project you created them in. If you save each as a separate strip - you can simply drag them into any project.

You don't really want to be going into EDIT mode during a live performance - so best to have everything set up beforehand.

If you want the plugins to load on different tracks - you need to hold Alt key when dropping them in - and it will give you the option to specify which track the plugin loads into.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:06 AM   #5534
timbralzoom

couldn't resist

how about creating with Strip Switcher?
put them in the 10 Pages and just switch & activate the one you want to use?
is that plugin heavy ones to have them all in one Strip?

i was about to try to create an example strip but
just checked the thermionik site seems no demo version yet..

EDIT:
also Ctrl works too .. for load Strip on different tracks.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:57 PM   #5535
briandress

I will definitely have to spend more time with it to learn how to leverage the proper functionality. I don’t even know what you mean by different strips. All I’ve been doing now is throwing a bunch of parameters on the big grid so that I can adjust them for different snapshots. I’m not really using the controls during a performance, just switching between snapshots. Makes it sort of like a pedalboard. I’m a guitar player so this is mostly for a digital guitar rig use case. I like what I think a strip is and it sounds useful. I don’t know what strip switching is yet. Will have to learn more
Old 11-29-2018, 03:58 PM   #5536
timbralzoom

Quote:
I will definitely have to spend more time with it to learn how to leverage the proper functionality. I don’t even know what you mean by different strips. All I’ve been doing now is throwing a bunch of parameters on the big grid so that I can adjust them for different snapshots. I’m not really using the controls during a performance, just switching between snapshots. Makes it sort of like a pedalboard. I’m a guitar player so this is mostly for a digital guitar rig use case. I like what I think a strip is and it sounds useful. I don’t know what strip switching is yet. Will have to learn more
i think this might help to understand the Strip Switcher's logic

with this you can insert your 10 plugins in one channel and place their parameters in to Stripper (Grid)
then place them in to Strip Switcher Pages
basically it allows place Controls in same places via the Pages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKdb5T_pZis

let me know!
Old 12-01-2018, 04:02 AM   #5537
timbralzoom

-motto-

TOL moment

wouldn't be useful if we have a master Page in the Strip Switcher?

for example
if we want some Controls (& Gfx stuff) always visible
but we want them in the Strip Switcher also..
(for: selecting all contents of switcher via double click while moving)
just put them in the master switcher page?

or an option for the Controls&Gfx in the Strip Switcher..
something like Show in all Pages?

in the gif i just un-group the Note Monitors (flashy ones)
as an example

-motto-
Old 12-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #5538
dasombre

just some ideas and hints before I forget them again

- (bug?) "copy pins" in the strip-insert plug is not copiyng the pins over to the plug that is inserted via right-click menu on a strip-switcher.

- FR: it would be very helpful if we could switch the left-hand browser to a new mode: "FX-browser mode" -> it just simply shows all fx on a currently selected track (even possibly with bypass-and on/off-line indicators) and if we click one of them, they get floated and shown on the screen. (-> much less fighting around with the native FX-browser when mainly using the stripper.)

- FR: exclude controls from being saved with the strip when performing a "Save strip" -> USE CASE: when we have a default channel strip inserted on every track and save the strip, those controls would be added in back again later on.

- OR better -> (FR) let the user define an area in a strip where track-selection-independent controls and buttons can be put. Kind of a "Global" area which gets shown no matter which track is selected.

That's it fow now. Please fell no pressure or hurry, just wanted to get those out because I think they would enhance the stripper very nicely and they were floating in my head for a while now.

If I could pick one, I'd definetely pick the left-hand FX-browser haha

Thanks for listening and all the best to everybody.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:36 AM   #5539
RJHollins

Quick question ...

I used a STRIP on a previous audio Project.

I later had changed the STRIP GUI [design and functions].

What's the easiest way to change the 'old audio project' to one with new STRIP.

Right now, I write down all old settings ... delete STRIP and Plugins ... Insert NEW STRIP ... redo Settings.

is there a better way ?
Old 12-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #5540
briandress

Is there a sweep adjustment on the knobs? I added the parameter for amp gain from thermionik plugin but when adjusting the knob it jumps quickly from 0-4 and then takes a longer sweep up to 10. It is not a smooth sweep at all and I’m curious if I’ve done something wrong
Old 12-01-2018, 01:19 PM   #5541
briandress

Also, is there a way to design the strips so that I can stack them up? Almost like a virtual rack? Visually it would be easy for me to import strips I need for certain performances etc. then I could potentially create racks and snapshots that go with each rack. Or are snapshots saved along with strips?
Old 12-01-2018, 05:44 PM   #5542
lb0

Thanks Timbral/Dasombre for the feature suggestions. I'll look into most probably in the new year when I have more time to seriously work on Stripper again!
Old 12-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #5543
lb0

Quote:
Quick question ...

I used a STRIP on a previous audio Project.

I later had changed the STRIP GUI [design and functions].

What's the easiest way to change the 'old audio project' to one with new STRIP.

Right now, I write down all old settings ... delete STRIP and Plugins ... Insert NEW STRIP ... redo Settings.

is there a better way ?
Hmmm. that does sound a little clunky - and it would depend on how you've changed the strip really as to whether there's a better way. If the plugins are the same - you could duplicate the track - insert the new strip to the new track without the plugins (I think there's a way but cannot remember off the top of my head).

Then assign the existing plugins back over the strip controls. As to whether this is quicker than simply copying the settings I don't know.

Actually - I'm not sure about importing strips without FX - not immediately obvious to me now. But you could hold Alt whilst inserting the strip and placing the FX on a dummy track - then reassign the plugins to the controls.

I probably need to add a function to insert a strip but link to existing plugins - but that would only work well if the same plugins exist in both new and old strips.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:56 PM   #5544
lb0

Quote:
Is there a sweep adjustment on the knobs? I added the parameter for amp gain from thermionik plugin but when adjusting the knob it jumps quickly from 0-4 and then takes a longer sweep up to 10. It is not a smooth sweep at all and I’m curious if I’ve done something wrong
Sounds like the amp gain knob on the plugin is not linear. In page 2 of CTL OPTIONS in FX EDIT mode - there are some options to use different scales (mainly to get Reaper's volume controls working better) - they might be of use - but it really depends on what type of scaling is used on the plugin control.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:59 PM   #5545
lb0

Quote:
Also, is there a way to design the strips so that I can stack them up? Almost like a virtual rack? Visually it would be easy for me to import strips I need for certain performances etc. then I could potentially create racks and snapshots that go with each rack. Or are snapshots saved along with strips?
Well - there is the MIX mode (right-click on the LIVE MODE button to toggle between the two).

This allows you to simply drag in strips - and drag them about to reorder them (plugins follow too).

Snapshots work on the strip page your on - so you can save entire page snapshots that will capture all controls on the page, or create subsets for individual modules or whatever. If you save a strip file - any existing snapshots get saved with the strip also - and imported back in as subsets when you add a strip to a page.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #5546
dasombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Thanks Timbral/Dasombre for the feature suggestions. I'll look into most probably in the new year when I have more time to seriously work on Stripper again!
noooo hurry and stress mister. I'm glad that you are considering it
Have a great holiday season and looking forward to 2019
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #5547
timbralzoom

whaaa! .. how did i miss!!

Old 12-03-2018, 07:26 AM   #5548
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
whaaa! .. how did i miss!!

haha - better two months late than never!! (I'm assuming you're referring to the birth of this thread?)
Old 12-03-2018, 08:23 AM   #5549
timbralzoom

Quote:
haha - better two months late than never!! (I'm assuming you're referring to the birth of this thread?)
pheeww!

yes absolutely correct assumption

EDIT:
uhmmm .. wait a minute! .. is there is something else to celebrate too? (but i missed?)
Old 12-03-2018, 11:21 AM   #5550
RJHollins

If I'm not reminded ... I'd miss mine :|
Old 12-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #5551
briandress

I am still a bit confused about building strips. My understanding so far is that you can build a strip for each plugin you want to use and then when making a new project you can load the plugins you want and then load the strips for them right?

So the strips. I’d probably have a setup where I have 6-7 strips that are representing amp, impulse response, and pedals like overdrive or delay etc. I would build the strips one by one and then be able to stack them in a nice control GUI and then save snapshots for any specific settings of the combination I want to save?

I’m trying to figure out how to size the grid, maybe put some background images for differentiating between strips, even solid colors or something. I can’t seem to figure this out. Perhaps there is a specific video I should watch?
Old 12-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #5552
lb0

Quote:
I am still a bit confused about building strips. My understanding so far is that you can build a strip for each plugin you want to use and then when making a new project you can load the plugins you want and then load the strips for them right?

So the strips. I’d probably have a setup where I have 6-7 strips that are representing amp, impulse response, and pedals like overdrive or delay etc. I would build the strips one by one and then be able to stack them in a nice control GUI and then save snapshots for any specific settings of the combination I want to save?

I’m trying to figure out how to size the grid, maybe put some background images for differentiating between strips, even solid colors or something. I can’t seem to figure this out. Perhaps there is a specific video I should watch?
Timbralzoom has created some useful tips videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgaT...iKXcTIfeLcEjEd

You can make a single strip for a single plugin - or have many plugins in a single strip - depending on what you want to do. There aren't really any restrictions except that all plugins should be on the same track if you plan on saving the setup as a strip file to import into other projects. You can build a single strip containing 100 plugins if you wish.

You can build strips that have plugins on multiple tracks - but you need to save these as STRIP SETs through the main '...' menu.

All FX parameters are added via FX EDIT mode (there are two parts to this - FX and TRACK depending on the type of parameter you wish to add). All the special control types are under TRACK->OTHER CONTROLS

Graphics should be added to a strip in GFX edit mode.

STRIP EDIT mode is where you can collate multiple strips into a single strip and SAVE strips.

But - also in LIVE and MIX mode you can add new strips (using the STRIP BROWSER - shortcut 0 - or via right-click menu - or using strip switchers).
Old 12-03-2018, 01:36 PM   #5553
timbralzoom

i will try to answer (according to my understandings) one by one

Quote:
No!
after you build&save a Strip you don't need to open the plugin(s) first
Strips also saves and loads the associated plugin(s) .. so just drag your Strip when you want to use them in any time in any project.

Quote:
yes this is the good way to combine different plugins & saved Snapshots separately
when you combine them in a project as you pointed out
this also will allows you continue to Save Snapshots in the Subsets for each Strip..

Quote:
switch to EDIT MODE then click to GFX tab .. now you should see the Grid settings bottom Left of the Stripper window..
Left click to the number increase the Grid size/Value
Right click to decrease it. (default 16)

in my opinion sticking with the default 16 is a good start..
so add a graphic, resize in 16 pixel settings,
then add your controls / continue to build the Strip.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #5554
briandress

Ok I’ll try to work this out.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #5555
briandress

If I import say 6 strips can I use snapshots to control all strips at once? That way my midi controller can cycle through the snapshots controlling all strips settings?
Old 12-03-2018, 02:36 PM   #5556
lb0

Quote:
If I import say 6 strips can I use snapshots to control all strips at once? That way my midi controller can cycle through the snapshots controlling all strips settings?
yes. .
Old 12-03-2018, 03:01 PM   #5557
timbralzoom

Quote:
yes. .
but...
not the 6 Strips separately!
you can take Page Snapshots and assign Page Snapshots to a FADER/controller
currently we can't assign more than one FADER (Page Snapshot or Subset)

or
after import 6 Strips done Right click to Page Snapshot's Star icon
(top left of the snapshot window) and click to "Clone To Subset (ctls) only"
this will create a Subset that contains all the Controls in the Page currently
via just one click..
you can take snapshots in this new Subset & assign a FADER and use this Subset for changing snapshots.

i hope make sense.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #5558
briandress

So you’re making snapshots for individual strips this way and controlling them all with the same fader that can be assigned to a midi controller?

For me it’s not a big deal as it’s for a live performance rig right now and most everything goes together for snapshots for me
Old 12-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #5559
timbralzoom

Quote:
So you’re making snapshots for individual strips this way and controlling them all with the same fader that can be assigned to a midi controller?

For me it’s not a big deal as it’s for a live performance rig right now and most everything goes together for snapshots for me
just in case..

theoretically yes
but actually you are not "controlling" them all together physically..

let's say there is 3 Strips and 3 Subsets (one for each) and there is multiple snapshots in this 3 Subsets
and you want to combine them via selecting
Strip 1 Amp : Snapshot 5
Strip 2 Imp. Response : Snapshot 12
Strip 3 Pedal : Snapshot 8

now you need to capture a new Snapshot from this combination in the main Subset
(that i tried to describe above .. how to create in one click)
or
just use the Page Snapshot and capture in the Page
and assign the HW Controller/FADER to this main Subset or Page ..
so, assign the FADER where you capture this combinations.

as a side note:
"physically"
i mean when you switch Snapshots via HW Controller/FADER
Strip 1 Amp
Strip 2 Imp. Response
Strip 3 Pedal
Subsets so the snapshots will not react/change..
only the FADER assigned one will react.

i can upload a simple video example .. let me know.
(btw. i hope i didn't made unnecessarily detailed/confusing!)
Old 12-03-2018, 10:17 PM   #5560
timbralzoom

-motto- first!

a new catch..
LBX Stripper.lua:67733: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

just - just in case report
(i already found the workaround/fix )

https://drive.google.com/open?id=155...1Kceavk8iFss85