Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2017, 05:11 AM   #1
Plushieluver101
Human being with feelings

Default New and Need Help Deciding if Reaper is What I Need

Hiya! Hopefully this is in the right place. If not, could a mod please move it to the correct place?

I've been redirected here by someone at Flipside forums after finding out FL Studio isn't compatible with my laptop specs, them saying that Reaper'd be more fit for my laptop, so I've joined to see if it's worth it to invest in Reaper for what I want to do.

I have an i317000 that performs at 2.40GHz and 8GBs of RAM. Is that enough to efficiently run Reaper?

Now questions. Does it have a piano roll-like feature? 'Cause what I'm doing is wanting to create some Animal Crossing remixes, Sonic and Mario, even. I can't play an instrument for the life of me, albeit, tinkering on the piano, so I thought I could put my ear-reading skills to good use and use it in a DAW but I need a piano roll-like feature to transcribe the notes that I've deciphered, so does Reaper have that?

I dunno what else I'd need. I assume it handles VSTs and plugins fine and I just map them to the piano roll and then input the melodies, and then go from there.

Uhm. Hope that made sense.

Thanks for the help!
Plushieluver101 is offline   Reply With Quote