Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-29-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
pjd3
Human being with feelings

Default First time rendering many tracks to 2 tracks

Hi there, thanks for coming by.

What I have done is 12 stereo tracks to build chords with Ebow guitar (making a pad or "main bed").

Each chord is about 1-2 minutes long with various ebow positions for variance.

I simply would like to get a decent mix of these 12 tracks and mix them down to a stereo or 2 channel pair. I love how Reaper just offers up the stereo track, most all tracking I do is to 2 channels.

I'd like to make sure I'm not missing anything in the rendering process and to create to highest fidelity 2 channel rendered track. Then I can start copying sections of the chords to be crossfaded.

Of course, I will also be watchings vids and reading instructions. I have set Reaper for 24 bit, 44.1Khz so I assume rendering should also match.

Thanks for your time, I'd like to get as much right out of the box as I can, and you've all been a big help,

Thank you,

Phil
pjd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:37 AM   #2
Stella645

The first Kenny video on rendering (Creating a master mix) will probably be enough to get you going.

So far your one assumption is wrong btw
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:44 AM   #3
pjd3

Default Rendering

Well Stella, I'm glad I only made one wrong assumption, being wrong more than once first thing in the morning is more than I can take.

I'll take a watch in that video and let it lead me.

What I noticed from rendering short clips for importing into the granular synth was that they appear to be in WAV format. That may have told me that rendering isn't simply going to follow what had been set up for the recording environment.

Thank you!

Phil
pjd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
Stella645

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjd3 View Post

What I noticed from rendering short clips for importing into the granular synth was that they appear to be in WAV format. That may have told me that rendering isn't simply going to follow what had been set up for the recording environment.
It's as simple as this: Render will happen at the setting you make in the render dialogue.
Sure it will make sense when you view the video but of course just ask again if not.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:42 PM   #5
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I tend to set it to

Source: master Mix
Bounds: time selection, and I make a time selection that starts a bit before and ends past any fx tails after the end of the song/project/whatever

output format wave 24 bit/44k
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote