Old 03-08-2022, 08:16 AM   #81
mccrabney
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Why do they behave seemingly at random depending where you click on them?
so far this is the closest you've come to describing the behavior that you don't like, but i'm still not seeing the issue (aside from how coarse the increment is). do you see it in this gif? a) clicking does nothing until b) you drag the mouse, where changes are relative only to the current value of the knob and nothing else. i click on the knob from several locations to demonstrate.

mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:50 AM   #82
orbitfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
so far this is the closest you've come to describing the behavior that you don't like, but i'm still not seeing the issue (aside from how coarse the increment is). do you see it in this gif? a) clicking does nothing until b) you drag the mouse, where changes are relative only to the current value of the knob and nothing else. i click on the knob from several locations to demonstrate.

I can't be arsed to make a video of it but it does definitely jump to a value even if I don't drag. It also does this dependent on where you click. Sometimes it jumps, sometimes it doesn't. It could also be a mac thing.
orbitfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 04:15 AM   #83
Stevie Boy

Took a bit but I'm using this now to replace NI Battery

Done plenty of tests & for my purposes at least, each instance of RS5K replaces a cell in Battery at 1/3 of the resource footprint with no quality loss at all.

If I was able to map velocity to the sample start I'd bin off Kontakt too I reckon.

One thing I noticed though.

I find if I use a sample in an instance of RS5K then save a project, the thing where it copies them to the samples directory under my recording path is desirable for me as I tend to keep things self contained anyway.

What happens though if I've saved a project and then I change a sample in an instance of RS5k to newsound.wav, the old sample still resides in my /recording path/samples/oldsound.wav

Even if I clean up the project, no unused files found (guessing the audio in project is handled differently to in the plugin)

Saving the project "as" with move the samples checked, or manually deleting them seems a bit of a faff.

Not sure if that is a bug or something to consider come to think of it?
Stevie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 05:03 AM   #84
Stevie Boy

Actually, just playing about a bit & noticed why it seems like looking for unused samples doesn't work.

If I move the all the samples used and unused from /my recording path/samples/ to /my recording path/ then reload the project, the "Project Directory Cleanup" works and finds the unused samples because it's only looking under /my recording path/ and no subdirectories.

I can work around that of course, would be nice to be able to clean up unused samples from a project when using RS5K too.
Stevie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:04 AM   #85
SNJUK2

Hallo
I have request on RS5k play button behavior
When RS5k in loop mode - Trigger play button behavior make toggle mode (play-stop)
-now it play only
& when loop is play, next push play -sound is superimposed
Thanks
SNJUK2 is offline   Reply With Quote