Old 12-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
enuenu
Human being with feelings

Default Amplitube 3 free causes crash

A friend has just started to check Reaper out. He has been using Amplitube 3.5 VSTi (free version with purchased add on packs) for quite a while in stand alone mode. However whenever he tries to launch this plugin within Reaper, Reaper crashes.

When you try and launch the plugin from within a track a message window titled "VPA compatibility error" appears containing a message that reads "VPA Plugin rejected VPA host"

Then when you click OK to this message, an error window appears titled "Microsoft Visual C++ Library Runtime Error!" that contains the message "Program C:\Program Files\REAPER\REAPER.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Plesae contact the application's support team for more information"

Any advice on fixing this?

I did some research and removed each of the following files one at a time, all to no avail. I have put them both back now.

libsndfile-1.dll resides in Program Files > IK Multimedia > Amplitube 3
Amplitube3.dll resides in Program Files > Vst Plugins
enuenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
bradleyfilms

Those paths are right for a 32bit version of Windows.
Look inside your Windows System32 folder, there should be a copy of libsndfile-1.dll in there too.
I can't be too sure as I don't know which version of Windows you're using.
Steve
Old 12-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
enuenu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyfilms View Post
Those paths are right for a 32bit version of Windows.
Look inside your Windows System32 folder, there should be a copy of libsndfile-1.dll in there too.
I can't be too sure as I don't know which version of Windows you're using.
Steve
He's using Vista 32. I had a look in Windows > System 32 and there was not a copy of libsndfile-1.dll in there. I made a copy of libsndfile-1.dll and placed it in the System 32 folder. This made no difference to the problem so I then removed it.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #4
ObiK

Please contact our support for 1 on 1 help.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #5
enuenu

We have been in contact with IK support and await their latest response. They are not late or anything, I just asked them another question via email yesterday. In the meantime maybe someone on the forum has a hint. Here is the story so far;

1) See original post for the problem
2) IK responded thus;
This error is due to a conflict between some Intel files and our software as well as many others. More details can be seen at the below link..
http://software.intel.com/en-us/arti...libguide40dll/

The quick workaround to this is to perform the following...

- go to My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Environment Variables button
- Under System Variables, click the 'New' button and enter the following:

Enter the name as: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK
Enter the value as: True

- Click OK.
Then restart your application.

3) As we couldn't find the "Properties" menu in Vista as suggested by IK, we went to;
Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings (in list at left of page) > Advanced Tab > Environmental Variables > New under System Variables at bottom of window > entered values suggested by IK.

4) I added the environmental variable as suggested by IK, but still get a fatal error in Reaper.

Now we get an error window titled "Registry Error" when this plugin is launched within a track. The text in this error window reads "Please ensure this product was installed correctly"

After clicking OK, the same MS Visual C++ runtime error window occurs as before the environmental variable suggested was added (see original post)

I say we as I also downloaded Amplitube 3 free version and tried to use it as a plugin. I got the same errors my friend gets. I also use Vista.

EDIT - done a bit of Web searching and found many people seem to have trouble with Amplitube 3 crashing their DAW application, Reaper and others. Might investigate another amp simulator that works well in Reaper. Shame, Amplitube 3 sounded pretty good.

Last edited by enuenu; 12-11-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
enuenu

Nothing further from IK as yet. I will give them another week or so to respond I guess. If I still don't get a solution or response I will have to assume they don't have a solution.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
ObiK

Please PM me your ticket number and I'll look into this from my side.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
enuenu

PM sent. No further responses from IK as yet. Thanks
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
danfuerth

You may have a broken install of Visual c++ runtime 2005 broken or a 2008 broken

reinstall Visual C++ 2005 runtime, then install Visual C++ 2008 runtime.

This is very common with Visual c++ runtime errors

I ran amplitube 3 on XP for a while then moved to Windows 7 then on Windows 8 now

I use Amplitube 2, Ampltitube 3, Guitar rig 2 and now of course my #1 use sim Jamvox 2 ( 3.0 not so good)

For IK multimedia rep, we are using these sims so that we can get close to the original sounds of the fx or amp

For god's sake man for Stomp FX's can you please make them look at little like the originals as jamvox did?

If you are going to mimick a memory man delay then get the looks of it, or a phase 90 pedal, amp whatever.

The only Amp sim that tried to get the original looks of the device is Jamvox. It does not have to be 100% of the original look, but some of us know older gear and it is stupit to try to look for some gear when the looks are not there to help us add sound modules quicker

Example in jamvox I add an AC30TB plus a Mod delay ( looks like the Korg SDD 3000)

The AC30 pic logo is an AC30!! the Mod Delay has the colours an shape of the SDD 3000

Last edited by danfuerth; 12-20-2012 at 11:27 PM.
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #10
Leon Transaxle

Hi,
I recently experienced this exact problem with my full copy of the Amplitube Ampeg SVX plugin.
I followed all the suggestions on this page, which didn't help.
I contacted IK who responded very quickly with a suggestion to reinstall by running the IK installer as an administrator as it may be that Windows 8 isn't allowing the setting of the correct priviledges (Forgot to say I upgraded to W8 just after Christmas - but Amplitube had worked since the upgrade).
I did as suggested but this didn't help either*.
However I was working on an essay on the laptop I am having issues with the next day and thought I'd listen to so music while I worked. Double clicked the icon of the MP3 I wanted to listen to expecting it to open in Windows media player but instead Quicktime started then hung.
Putting two and two together I downloaded and ran the latest Quicktime installer and did a repair install.
Reaper problem is now solved. The C++ message is a red herring.

*When I reinstalled Amplitube it asked if I wanted to install Quicktime but wouldn't let me as the version I had was a later version than the one that came with Amplitube.

Last edited by Leon Transaxle; 01-27-2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
Leon Transaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
enuenu

The new version of Amplitube 3 solved the problem on my friend's computer. No more Reaper crashing.

On my Vista system another problem has occurred after the new version was installed. The C++ error message as before no longer appears. That is good.

However now when I scan for plugins, Amplitube 3 is not listed. I have checked that the folders to be scanned are correct. Reaper does not pick up Amplitube 3 for some reason on my system.

Last edited by enuenu; 02-12-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
ObiK

But AmpliTube still works standalone? Try reinstalling it and double check the installation folder.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:37 PM   #13
mactac

So I'm having the same problem, and it's driving me nuts because I have sessions that I need to work on for a mixing job & can't load the plugin.

I'm using Windows 10

I get the error when Reaper tries to load the plugin, then the C++ runtime error.

I have removed the plugin, and both DLLs (amplitube.dll and libdnsfile.dll).

I've tried removing & reinstalling about 8-10 times, it just crashes all the time.

Help!!

I'd move to a different amp sim (I've got a bunch of UAD ones) in a second just to get stability back, but i've got hundreds of hours into this mix & don't want to start all over again with the guitars/bass.
mactac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #14
Peter - IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactac View Post
So I'm having the same problem, and it's driving me nuts because I have sessions that I need to work on for a mixing job & can't load the plugin.

I'm using Windows 10

I get the error when Reaper tries to load the plugin, then the C++ runtime error.

I have removed the plugin, and both DLLs (amplitube.dll and libdnsfile.dll).

I've tried removing & reinstalling about 8-10 times, it just crashes all the time.

Help!!

I'd move to a different amp sim (I've got a bunch of UAD ones) in a second just to get stability back, but i've got hundreds of hours into this mix & don't want to start all over again with the guitars/bass.
Have you reported your issue to support (or reopened an existing ticket)? They will surely be able to assist you at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
Peter - IK Multimedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #15
mactac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
Have you reported your issue to support (or reopened an existing ticket)? They will surely be able to assist you at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
I haven;t, only because I assume I wouldn't get an immediate response. I've got a session tonight that needs this, and I'm working like mad to make it work. My assumption is that I won't hear back in time & wanted to prioritize my time... but I will try.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #16
ronmac

I have been having a similar issue. Not sure if this will work for you....

When Reaper scans VST folders it seems it gets confused if you have more than one version of the same VST.

Try this...

Uninstall once again
Restart computer
Reinstall, but only select one version of file type (I did not install VST3 or AAX) and select "Standalone Version"
Restart computer after installation is complete
Open Reaper and go to Preferences/Plug-ins/VST. Select "Clear cache/re-scan" (this may take several minutes).

Hope this helps.
ronmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #17
mactac

So, with the help of IK, I got a temporary resolution.

I tried reinstalling a number of times, doing everything listed in this thread, and a bunch more. Ultimately, I ran the 64 bit version of Reaper, which solved the problem. It's not a full fix because I have a couple of plugins that don't work in 64 bit Reaper, but at least I'm up and running and can use most of my saved sessions (bot not all).

The point of all of this is not that I've got Reaper working, but to say that my support experience with IK was absolutely fantastic. They were responsive (replied in less than 5 minutes on my first support ticket), and then replied almost instantly on every update - seriously, the replied in less than 60 seconds a couple of times! He kept with me until things were working again.

It's rare that a company cares so much about it's customers to get this kind of support, and I wanted everyone to know.

Thanks Jason from IK.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #18
HeyGuysJeffSeidHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactac View Post
So, with the help of IK, I got a temporary resolution.

I tried reinstalling a number of times, doing everything listed in this thread, and a bunch more. Ultimately, I ran the 64 bit version of Reaper, which solved the problem. It's not a full fix because I have a couple of plugins that don't work in 64 bit Reaper, but at least I'm up and running and can use most of my saved sessions (bot not all).

The point of all of this is not that I've got Reaper working, but to say that my support experience with IK was absolutely fantastic. They were responsive (replied in less than 5 minutes on my first support ticket), and then replied almost instantly on every update - seriously, the replied in less than 60 seconds a couple of times! He kept with me until things were working again.

It's rare that a company cares so much about it's customers to get this kind of support, and I wanted everyone to know.

Thanks Jason from IK.
I had to make an account just to thank you for this. This helped me recover weeks of work that were lost in projects that had Amplitube all over the place. Thank you my friend.
HeyGuysJeffSeidHere is offline   Reply With Quote