Old 08-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
georgethedifferent
Human being with feelings

Default Dear Sir

Vocal needs redoing definitely but besides?...

http://alljamms.com/Dear_Sir_v.0.7_beta.mp3

Your sincerely
GTD

Last edited by georgethedifferent; 10-07-2013 at 03:56 PM.
georgethedifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
georgethedifferent

Yeah, I had a whole house for myself tonight -- could scream away. Enjoy v.0.2!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
Lucian

Wow, fun song with some nice guitar work. I would consider dropping the snare a db or two but I suppose that it is a matter of taste. On a positive note, did you dig up Bon Scott to sing this??
Old 08-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
kindafishy

Funky, groovy and raunchy. I like it.

So is this the results of the project that you're working on where you were looking for players?

I like the sounds of everything. Care to share some recording details?
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
georgethedifferent

Oh, thanks guys for your opinion

I've just thrown v.0.3 and I think it's a final one or close to it. Most changes between 0.2 and 0.3 are to the mix and master.

I don't know Bon Scott, it's exclusively my yelling but looks like I should check him out

Tech-wise it's a bit unusual track. Drums and bass come from old album session except that I decided to give my new toy a go. It's 8-track Fostex tape machine I bought for some £80 with old, used tape on it. So drums and bass were tracked to that old tape (playing togehter). I needed to give up bottom snare mic and my guitar -- which I just added 2 days ago -- to fit in 8 tracks.

I had a hard time with the bass because, despite bassman being really competent player, had absolutely shitty instrument and amp. I reamped it using my Marshall 1960AX cabinet but it still wasn't enough. So I spent the whole day trying ReaEQ, Ampeq SVX and ReaComp to make it working.

Hammond is VB3 and piano MrRay.

My guitar rig is fairly new and I must admit -- I was looking for it for years! This is it (for now at least ). It's a Strat, H&K Tubeman Plus (rack version) and Marshall Class 5 mk II combo. This solo came from my hands itself just after plugging in a Tubeman which only arrived!

I think there are no tricks here, just plain bunch of sounds catched through SM57 and such and mixed together... Of course I love to chatter about recording so any questions are welcome

P.S. I didn't decide yet if this should go to Depression album, mainly because I couldn't resist to finish it myself. As for Depressed album I'd like it to be a team work.

Last edited by georgethedifferent; 08-03-2013 at 11:06 AM.
georgethedifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
Sambo Rouge

Good guitar riffs. I also like the quality of your voice.

My only nitpick would be that the drums are a bit "expected", by this I mean that it is such a good song that it deserves a little more thought put into the beats. Surprise us a little.

All in all, very nice work.
Sambo Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
georgethedifferent

Thank you Sambo. Drums and bass come from old session and I just wanted to make any use of them so I have basically read the letter chasing me for 30 quid due for last Virgin Media payment from my old place... New gear encouraged me to move the arse. I'm not even sure if I can credit myself for the lyrics, lol.

And I've just put v.0.5 which makes a big difference for me because I've just found the first plug-in ever close to real TAPE! I can't believe it eventually happened and it's FREE!! The thing is called Ferric TDS (v.1.5.1) and it really works! I have never achieved coming so close to real thing ITB before. It's a milestone for me. No -- it's a Holy Grail! Sorry -- I went a little crazy with that on toms