Old 09-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
homestudioguy
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and Faderport from PreSonus

I did a search here today re: the PreSonus Faderport and compatibility w/Reaper.

Reason being is that my Sugarwater sales rep suggests that the faderport is a better unit than the AlphaTrack based on the fact that there has been shown some latency issues with AlphaTrack when using it to do automation.
I queried PreSonus about the compatibility of Reaper and the Faderport and this is the response I just received this afternoon.

"Hi,
The Faderport has never been tested with Reaper, but the Faderport works off of HUI protocol. So, as long as Reaper uses HUI protocol for it’s control surface communication, then the Faderport should work well.
Best regards,
Sam Daniel
Technical Support"

Of course, I am new here on this forum but doing a 30 minute search didnt really clarify the issue for me.

So! Is Faderport now compatible?
Thanks!!!

Last edited by homestudioguy; 09-12-2007 at 12:18 PM.
homestudioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
studio343

In my limited use with Reaper... with little reading on the manual, etc... I managed to get the Faderport up and running with little to no fuss... all seemed to work well.. though I didn't try any "automation" curve stuff.. since I was just using it for transport while I tracked some ideas and stuff.... but all the buttons worked and the fader too

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestudioguy View Post
I did a search here today re: the PreSonus Faderport and compatibility w/Reaper.

Reason being is that my Sugarwater sales rep suggests that the faderport is a better unit than the AlphaTrack based on the fact that there has been shown some latency issues with AlphaTrack when using it to do automation.
I queried PreSonus about the compatibility of Reaper and the Faderport and this is the response I just received this afternoon.

"Hi,
The Faderport has never been tested with Reaper, but the Faderport works off of HUI protocol. So, as long as Reaper uses HUI protocol for it’s control surface communication, then the Faderport should work well.
Best regards,
Sam Daniel
Technical Support"

Of course, I am new here on this forum but doing a 30 minute search didnt really clarify the issue for me.

So! Is Faderport now compatible?
Thanks!!!
studio343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
kojdogg

Could you please help walk me through this a little bit? I did what it said to do in the manual and I can't seem to get any of the transport functions to even work. Could this be a firmware issue perhaps?
Did you need to copy the .dll file anywhere?
Thanks to anyone who can help!
kojdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #4
pipelineaudio
Mortal

IIRC presonus sent justin a faderport and it worked fine. However, QC at presonus is no secret and its possible some bad ones got thru
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Anton Farmer

Hi guys

Been using my FaderPort with REAPER and all works well apart from one samll quirk.....

When I press the output button on FaderPort, the pan and volume slider change roles ie. the pan control changes the volume and the volume slider controls the pan!

Is this a little bug in reaper or is my FaderPort a bad one that sneaked through the QC check?

Cheers
Anton
Old 03-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
stillwalker

Default hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Farmer View Post
Hi guys

Been using my FaderPort with REAPER and all works well apart from one samll quirk.....

When I press the output button on FaderPort, the pan and volume slider change roles ie. the pan control changes the volume and the volume slider controls the pan!

Is this a little bug in reaper or is my FaderPort a bad one that sneaked through the QC check?

Cheers
Anton
is't that a feature, like flip on alpha track...
stillwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Justin
Administrator

yeah the output button is a flip feature, so you can use it for recording pan automation etc..
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:16 AM   #8
Anton Farmer

Hi Justin & Co

OK, thanks but am I being my usual dumb self here?

What advantsge is there in the fader controlling the pan and vice versa?

Am I missing something? (apart from a brain!)

Cheers
Anton

PS REAPER is the best DAW I have ever installed in my studio bar NONE! Thanks for all the good work
Old 03-31-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
ScottyD

I have a Faderport and it works awesome. No complaints.. took me all of five minutes to get it setup.

-ScottyD
ScottyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #10
wolfgang5150

My only gripe is the OUTPUT button as well. On SONAR it automatically toggles it to the MASTER channel and back. It's a small gripe. Otherwise I'm impressed. Been using it for a few days now. Kept getting dropouts on SONAR and was ready to give up on windows all together. So far, so good.
wolfgang5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #11
Royster

Default Setup?

Hey guys just got Reaper. Can someone walk me through the installation of the Faderport?
Royster is offline   Reply With Quote