Old 08-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
IXix
Human being with feelings

Default IX GUI library v1...

...is in the stash!

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/21429/ixgui_v1.zip

No documentation yet (sorry) but it should be easy to work out. The "public" stuff that you need to make a GUI is in "ixgui.jsfx-inc". Everything else is behind the scenes stuff that you don't need to worry about (except you might want to cast an eye over "ixgui_defs.jsfx-inc").

The two example files should explain things reasonably well. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you find any bugs, feel free to shout. If you have any suggestions, feel free to be largely ignored 'cos I'm going to be way too busy to do any of this stuff for quite a while.

If you feel like making improvements, go for it but please don't go posting modified versions all over the place. Send your changes to me and I'll incorporate them.

In theory it should be easy(ish) to add new elements but the code is a bit messy right now. At some point I'll get around to improving things, probably split individual element types into separate files so new things can be bolted on without modifying the core files much.

I hope some people find it useful. I've spent way too much time getting this together!
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
spk77

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post
...is in the stash!

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/21429/ixgui_v1.zip

No documentation yet (sorry) but it should be easy to work out. The "public" stuff that you need to make a GUI is in "ixgui.jsfx-inc". Everything else is behind the scenes stuff that you don't need to worry about (except you might want to cast an eye over "ixgui_defs.jsfx-inc").

The two example files should explain things reasonably well. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you find any bugs, feel free to shout. If you have any suggestions, feel free to be largely ignored 'cos I'm going to be way too busy to do any of this stuff for quite a while.

If you feel like making improvements, go for it but please don't go posting modified versions all over the place. Send your changes to me and I'll incorporate them.

In theory it should be easy(ish) to add new elements but the code is a bit messy right now. At some point I'll get around to improving things, probably split individual element types into separate files so new things can be bolted on without modifying the core files much.

I hope some people find it useful. I've spent way too much time getting this together!
Thank you very much! I'm making a "remote control app" for Hughes&Kettner GrandMeister 36.

I'm testing your library here :
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
IXix

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
Thank you very much! I'm making a "remote control app" for Hughes&Kettner GrandMeister 36...
Awesome! I hope it's working for you. I probably should've tested it in battle a bit more before posting but I ran out of time. Let me know if you hit any problems. Time is in short supply but I'll try to fix anything that's broken.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
manyserious

This thread's getting old, but just wanted to say anyway, this library has been quite handy as I (slowly) learn JS. In fact I've learned a lot from several of your JS works, IX. Thanks for putting it together!
manyserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:33 AM   #5
IXix

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyserious View Post
This thread's getting old, but just wanted to say anyway, this library has been quite handy as I (slowly) learn JS. In fact I've learned a lot from several of your JS works, IX. Thanks for putting it together!
You're welcome. If you make anything sexy I'd love to see it.

I haven't made a plugin with it yet but there are some ideas on the todo list.