Old 04-08-2015, 09:01 AM   #1
Fergler
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER + Jam Kazam via ReaRoute [TUTORIAL]

After spending hours researching and trying to get this to work, I finally have it.

REAPER SETUP:

STEP 1.

Ensure you have installed a 32-bit REAPER with ReaRoute ASIO driver checked in the installer. Sorry, this is mandatory, as Jam Kazam is a 32-bit program and only recognizes the 32-bit ReaRoute driver.
You can install a portable 32-bit REAPER install just for the sake of interfacing with Jam Kazam.
Go to the device setup in Jam Kazam and select ReaRoute driver. Assign the inputs you would like to use. For this tutorial we will assume just one, so pick ReaRoute 1.
For the outputs, choose 1 and 2.

STEP 2.

In REAPER create your track for your instrument, set up your audio interface, etc. All the same as if you were about to record yourself. Record Arm and monitor this track.

STEP 3.

Open the IO window for the track, add a hardware send, select ReaRoute 1. Untick Master/Parent send.

STEP 4.

Create a new track to receive Jam Kazam's audio. Set the input for this track to ReaRoute 1/2. Record Arm and monitor this track.

You should now hear your audio and that of others jamming with your coming through the second track in Reaper.
Optionally you can record your Jam Kazam sessions easily by simply hitting record. You probably want to record the output of your instrument track however, if you are changing effects on the fly.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
esorcc

Default Reaper + JamKazam

Thank you for this post. Was pulling my hair out. Never thought about the 32-bit possibility. Thank you, thank you.
esorcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:55 PM   #3
TheMaartian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esorcc View Post
Thank you for this post. Was pulling my hair out. Never thought about the 32-bit possibility. Thank you, thank you.
Is JamKazam still active? Great idea, but I don't think it ever really caught on. The current JamKazam client requires 64-bit Windows (7 and 8 mentioned; so hasn't been updated in quite some time), so I don't think 32-bit Reaper is the answer.
TheMaartian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:00 PM   #4
esorcc

Well, I tried this and the Reaper_x32 install will not let me tick the box for ReaRoute driver during install. I've even uninstalled Reaper_x64. I've also gone al the way back to 4.x and still unable to install ReaRoute x32.

Help.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #5
esorcc

The ReaRoute driver will not install in Portable mode, but does install in standard mode.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:09 PM   #6
esorcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaartian View Post
Is JamKazam still active? Great idea, but I don't think it ever really caught on. The current JamKazam client requires 64-bit Windows (7 and 8 mentioned; so hasn't been updated in quite some time), so I don't think 32-bit Reaper is the answer.
Yes, I'm using JamKazaam with my band now. I also know others that use it. Is there something better? I'd be interested if there is.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:19 PM   #7
RyanLGM

Default Will this work on Mac?

Hi all,

Is it possible to use ReaRoute on Mac OS Catalina? I can't seem to find any how-to's or instructions.

Thanks!
RyanLGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 02:19 PM   #8
mschnell

Trying to do this.

But JamKazam does not show any ASIO device at all (in the "easy setup" process), even though I do have 32 bit ReaRoute and several hardware ASIO devices, and jamulus shows all of them - and I do use ReaRoute with jamulus just fine.

When in JamKazam trying to do "open ASIO Panel", I get an error message about not having selected an ASIO device (OK ).

I don't find "device setup" in Jam Kazam.

In "Jam Class" -> "Device Configuration" there only is "Behringer 204" and "Behringer 202" which I both don't have.

BTW: when trying to create an account with JamKazam, the CAPTCHA window does not let me select any of the pictures (nor adoes it acept any other click), and hence I can't do this.

What is the mater with this software (Build 1.20 "1.0.3657", running on Windows 10) ?

I did a re-install: no change.

Edit:
I was able to create the JamKazam account when using the browser to go to jamkazam.com, instead of trying this in the JamKazam application.
I now can just "sign in" with my email address in the application.

Edit/2:
The decent audio settings are done in the user profile and not in the application. Here I was easily able to configure ReaRoute as the audio interface to be used.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 04-26-2020 at 01:20 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote