Old 10-26-2015, 09:36 AM   #1
TechDAWg
Human being with feelings

Default Quantize and CC follows [DONE!]

I record a lot with my WX5 wind controller and Sample Modeling sax and trumpet plugins. So my recordings consist of notes-on, breath control and pitch bend. When editing the option "CC selection follows note selection" is always turned on. This way, when I move notes in the editor, Breath Control and Pitch Bend data follow but when I quantize notes, Controller and pitch bend data don't follow. I consider this as an oversight and would like to see it corrected in an update.

I've been using Reaper for years and I'm a registered user of version 4. I've upgraded to Reaper 5 but have not paid my licence yet. I have not seen noticeable improvement with v5.x but as soon as my request is fulfilled I will surely buy my licence.

Last edited by juliansader; 04-30-2019 at 02:47 PM.
TechDAWg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
juliansader

Unfortunately, I doubt that this problem can be solved through CCs simply following notes, since the effects of quantization can be quite complex: For example, if two overlapping notes are stretched differently during quantization (which is a common occurrence), where should should the CCs that fall inside the overlap go?

If you are working with one note or a chord of overlapping notes, my suggestion would be to:
1) Select the notes together with their CCs
2) Quantize the notes
3) Set time selection to selected notes
4) Fit CCs to time selection, using either the script "js_Fit selected events to time selection in last clicked lane" or "js_Fit selected events to time selection in lane under mouse".

EDIT: On second thought, having an option for CCs to follow note quantization would work well if the notes are a series of non-overlapping notes. If the user doesn't mind the CC curve warping somewhat, it can even be applied to overlapping notes.

Last edited by juliansader; 09-06-2016 at 04:37 PM.
juliansader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #3
juliansader

At VI-Control, a potential user is looking for a DAW that can move CCs along with notes while quantizing:

Quantize MIDI that have Automation?
Old 02-21-2018, 04:04 AM   #4
Masi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechDAWg View Post
I've been using Reaper for years and I'm a registered user of version 4. I've upgraded to Reaper 5 but have not paid my licence yet.
You're not obliged to do so anway as it is valid for all 5.x releases.

Masi
Masi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:47 PM   #5
juliansader

Implemented in v5.974!