Old 03-28-2016, 04:19 AM   #1
louwheeez
Human being with feelings

Default Using images with Reaper

Hi everyone,

I have previously used Reaper with video files, to soundtrack an animation, but I would now like to use a similar approach in a new project but instead use a series of images which I add sound to.

Whenever I add the images, as soon as leave the project, they immediately go offline. I have had this before with sound files but they reappear after I start working on the project again. However with the images they disappear completely, and when I re-open the file and try to locate them, the images I was using are not selectable from my harddrive for inclusion in the project.

I am using .png files.

Does anyone have any ideas about this, and further advice about how to edit the images and the way they transition if that's possible?

Thanks a lot
louwheeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:29 AM   #2
northwoodmediaworks

My suggestion would be to use a NLE to make a video out of them first. Easy after that.
northwoodmediaworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #3
snooks

helgoboss made a Ken Burns effect type script for still images....

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=161121

I don't have an issue with png images (or gifs etc) going offline and being irretrievable. One thing to watch out for is that the Insert->Media file dialogue does not have images as the file types it searches for, so in the dropdown that says "All Supported Media Files", change to "All Files (*.*)".

If you want fades on the photo items to visually fade them, insert the Video Processor effect and select the "Item fades affect video". Then choose more video processor effects and automate them like you would any other.
snooks is offline   Reply With Quote