Old 08-01-2016, 12:40 PM   #1
heda
Human being with feelings

Default windows out of primary screen

If you move some windows like ReaScript console window, or IDE script editor, out to a secondary monitor, and then you switch to a single monitor, you cannot see them anymore because the coordinates x and y are out of the single monitor area.
It doesn't happen on the actions window for example. It somehow resets its position to be visible in the primary monitor.
I guess this kind of off screen check, should be added also to Console window, and IDE editor.

Ideally it should be stored separately if one screen is detected, to be able to restore original position when dual screen is used.

edit: oops forgot to edit the topic title to a better one.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
LugNut

Hi Heda,

I use a autohotkey little deal that brings the window over. I can post it if you like, but its super simple.
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
heda

that would be nice LugNut.
I use autohotkey scripts for other things, and I didn't think about it as a workaround for this issue.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:06 AM   #4
yehar

I suffered from the same bug and found a way to replicate it in Windows 10 64-bit with Reaper v5.30/x64. You need to have have two monitors in "Extend these displays" mode. Mine are identical with the same resolution (1920x1200). Steps:

1. Start Reaper.
2. Move the JSFX editor to the non-main display.
3. Close Reaper.
4. In Windows display settings, change the main display.
5. Start Reaper.
6. Open JSFX editor. It does not show up anywhere!

For example if at steps 1-3 the main display is display 1, Reaper.ini might have:

Code:
[jsfx]
watch_lx=2719
After step 4, watch_lx=2719 is not in the non-main display coordinates anymore, because those coordinates are now negative. Rather, it is to the right of the main display coordinates, outside the visible display space. I can fix things manually by:

Code:
[jsfx]
watch_lx=0
It would be nice if Reaper would automatically check if such windows are outside the display space, and if so, either reset their position, or even better, do some calculation like watch_lx=watch_lx-1920-1920, dunno. Maybe the bug also shows up if you change from a two-monitor setup to a single monitor.

Last edited by yehar; 12-20-2016 at 04:12 AM.
yehar is offline   Reply With Quote