Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 08-04-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
juliansader
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI editor: Toolbar buttons for Event Properties and Humanize behave inconsistently

This is more a small niggle than a major bug, but it should also be easy to fix:

In the MIDI editor, the Properties window does not deactivate its toolbar button when the window is closed, so the button remains active.

The other MIDI editor windows, such as Quantize, Humanize, Transpose and Filter work correctly.

EDIT:
Another small inconsistency is that the Humanize and Properties windows can only be opened, not closed, by clicking their respective buttons. The Transpose, Quantize and Filter windows can be opened as well as closed, and their button states accurately reflect their window states.

Last edited by juliansader; 11-02-2016 at 07:52 PM.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
ELP

I have more a big problem with it, that the "Event properties"List window from Event List editor block/prevent every other clicks. This should be fixed and the behavior should be at least the same as the "note properties" from the piano roll.
At the end I want to see the event properties(list editor) -which is more important for me personally- not at one extern window... it should be always visible within the main list editor/or at least dockable

Last edited by ELP; 08-04-2016 at 02:46 PM.
ELP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELP View Post
I have more a big problem with it, that the "Event properties"List window from Event List editor block/prevent every other clicks. This should be fixed and the behavior should be at least the same as the "note properties" from the piano roll.
At the end I want to see the event properties(list editor) -which is more important for me personally- not at one extern window... it should be always visible within the main list editor/or at least dockable
Indeed! A "MIDI inspector" that is continuously updated.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:03 AM   #4
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELP View Post
Waiting for the devs takes too long. I wrote a MIDI Inspector script myself that would hopefully help with your problem:

* The GUI is continuously updated and does not interfere with MIDI editing.
* The GUI can be docked, or the window can be pinned to stay on top.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...8&#post1720568