Old 10-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #81
ferropop
Human being with feelings

How is an argument even possible here lol. Cubase/StudioOne/Ableton/Protools/Sonar you highlight stuff and then paste it, and it pastes exactly 100% perfectly every time. Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. Done. If this process had even 3 steps instead of 2 that would be outrageous, let alone the insanity of the current implementation.
ferropop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:38 AM   #82
deeb

hopefully it is concluded there is nothing even close in reaper for this feature.

but i wonder! why you think not so many people participate in this thread or request?
You think people do not understand the need? because the way i see this feature is that any one which needs to copy content should feel the hassles! Probably this is just more notorious for "advanced" electronic music production and his envelopes?

If i were always recording my drums or guitar, or composing classical music, probably i would not feel the need of this feature either.
I need more for electronic music production. How about you guys? the same? you need this more for electronic music?

Last edited by deeb; 10-29-2017 at 07:53 AM.
deeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #83
Vagelis

Must have this in Reaper!!Coming from Cubase,i miss it a lot!
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #84
ferropop

I'm sure it's most important for electronic music producers, but my point this whole time is that So Are Automation Items! The last 6 months were spent perfecting AI, something that directly attracts electronic producers, yet copy and paste doesn't work properly.
ferropop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:25 PM   #85
strachupl

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
hopefully it is concluded there is nothing even close in reaper for this feature.

but i wonder! why you think not so many people participate in this thread or request?
You think people do not understand the need? because the way i see this feature is that any one which needs to copy content should feel the hassles! Probably this is just more notorious for "advanced" electronic music production and his envelopes?

If i were always recording my drums or guitar, or composing classical music, probably i would not feel the need of this feature either.
I need more for electronic music production. How about you guys? the same? you need this more for electronic music?
You are right Reaper have its strong and weak points. Lack of area selection for easy duplicate is pitty but I think the most important in first place is Reapers unability to select more than one envelope, move theirs control pannels (reorganize positions), select points across multiple envelopes. I hope it gonna be improved.

After all Cubase is bigger team, older and more expensive DAW than Reaper...
strachupl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #86
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
You are right Reaper have its strong and weak points. Lack of area selection for easy duplicate is pitty but I think the most important in first place is Reapers unability to select more than one envelope, move theirs control pannels (reorganize positions), select points across multiple envelopes. I hope it gonna be improved.

After all Cubase is bigger team, older and more expensive DAW than Reaper...
sorry i don't consider this less important then reordering envelope tracks or select multiple envelopes in different envelope tracks: ) in fact i feel stuck without it. It is like driving a ferrari which doesn't let me drive more then 30 kmh)

Area / range selection is a feature that will boost the workflow for anything.
select area -> create automation item
select area -> duplicate
select area -> delete

without being concerned with GPS coordinates : ) it is in the right spot, focusing what needs to be focused. (so we don't have to think which track to be selected or timeline range) - it is what you select and Reaper will care if it is an item , envelope , AI on each of the inherent selected tracks and do appropriate actions.

it is not just for envelopes. Envelopes would benefit a lot by this feature but many other will benefit. Also area selection is simple, and any user gets used even without prior experience which is nice to get more new users.

IMO it boost and simplifies any editing job.

Last edited by deeb; 11-17-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #87
strachupl

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
sorry i don't consider this less important then reordering envelope tracks or select multiple envelopes in different envelope tracks: ) in fact i feel stuck without it. It is like driving a ferrari which doesn't let me drive more then 30 kmh)

Area / range selection is a feature that will boost the workflow for anything.
select area -> create automation item
select area -> duplicate
select area -> delete

without being concerned with GPS coordinates : ) it is in the right spot, focusing what needs to be focused. (so we don't have to think which track to be selected or timeline range) - it is what you select and Reaper will care if it is an item , envelope , AI on each of the inherent selected tracks and do appropriate actions.

it is not just for envelopes. Envelopes would benefit a lot by this feature but many other will benefit. Also area selection is simple, and any user gets used even without prior experience which is nice to get more new users.

IMO it boost and simplifies any editing job.
ok, I meant there must be ability to seleect and ediit multiple envelopes to make area selection FR sense, at least I think so.
strachupl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:08 AM   #88
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
ok, I meant there must be ability to seleect and ediit multiple envelopes to make area selection FR sense, at least I think so.
of course each of us has his own perspective. In mine selecting multiple envelopes in multiple tracks is another request which area selection is not dependent.
I am waiting to have cubase in my hands in order to do a video demonstrating his benefits: not just for envelopes.
It clears and makes coherent the editing of : items, regions and envelopes. (small or big areas, strange or not strange times with a single/simple tool)
Thank you