Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
vonshavingcream
Human being with feelings

Default Editing Track Template Through Text Editor or something???

Quick backstory -- Usually I build custom Drum sets by duplicating the ReasamplOmatic5000 plug-in and just pointing each instance to a different sample file. Then I save this as a track template for using whenever I need it.

Now -- I have a set of samples that is about 200 or so. I was trying to save the time of having to link each instance of the plug-in. I though maybe I could open the template in a text editor and do some Copy/Paste/Find/Replace style work. But the area where the plug-in sits appears to be obfuscated.

Any suggestions on how I can either manually edit the template files or is there a better way I should be doing this?

ReasamplOmatic-5000 has been serving me well, however this is the only draw back I've had it with and it would nice to find a solution.

Thanks in advance.
C
vonshavingcream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
lolilol1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonshavingcream View Post
Quick backstory -- Usually I build custom Drum sets by duplicating the ReasamplOmatic5000 plug-in and just pointing each instance to a different sample file. Then I save this as a track template for using whenever I need it.

Now -- I have a set of samples that is about 200 or so. I was trying to save the time of having to link each instance of the plug-in. I though maybe I could open the template in a text editor and do some Copy/Paste/Find/Replace style work. But the area where the plug-in sits appears to be obfuscated.

Any suggestions on how I can either manually edit the template files or is there a better way I should be doing this?

ReasamplOmatic-5000 has been serving me well, however this is the only draw back I've had it with and it would nice to find a solution.

Thanks in advance.
C
If you edit your files by hand, make sure you make backups before doing anything as you could easily corrupt them beyond repair. It's definitely not recommended anyway.
lolilol1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #3
vonshavingcream

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolilol1975 View Post
If you edit your files by hand, make sure you make backups before doing anything as you could easily corrupt them beyond repair. It's definitely not recommended anyway.
That is what I'm saying .. you can't edit them because they seem to be obfuscated. so I was asking if anyone knew of a way to edit them or had a better way of doing this to make is easier.
vonshavingcream is offline   Reply With Quote