Old 04-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
mbncp
Human being with feelings

Default Chord display

Shows current playing chord.
It's a bit limited for now as it won't detect some chords if a key is missing and if the bass key is not part of a known chord.
The idea is to add scale and mode info that can be passed to other plugs (bass line generator, remapper based on current chord/scale, realtime arranger based on track events, chord manipulation to feed an arp,...).

Edit: v1.01
Fixed a bug that could use a lot of cpu
A little better chord detection, some chords will show even if a key is missing ex: C+E+Bb will display a C7 even if G is missing
Changed a bit the chord names though the previous syntax can be easely activated by changing the // before slider2
All the chord data is generated by code, if you need to add a chord just ask, takes 2 msec here
Attached Files
File Type: txt Chord Info.txt (10.1 KB, 984 views)

Last edited by mbncp; 04-23-2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Code change
mbncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:58 AM   #2
dazzathedrummer

sounds cool - how do I implement it (sorry for being dumb!)
Old 04-23-2008, 04:02 AM   #3
mbncp

Just save the file in ..\REAPER\Effects\MIDI folder.

Then load it in an fx chain, add the plug (should be under JS).
As you play chords from a keyboard or playback from the track it will show the current playing chord, if it's recognized.

For now it's all it does, but a little GUI to show the notes, also when selecting a chord from the sliders would be nice.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:19 AM   #4
LOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbncp View Post
Just save the file in ..\REAPER\Effects\MIDI folder.

Then load it in an fx chain, add the plug (should be under JS).
As you play chords from a keyboard or playback from the track it will show the current playing chord, if it's recognized.

For now it's all it does, but a little GUI to show the notes, also when selecting a chord from the sliders would be nice.
Wow sounds nice, will try it.
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:47 AM   #5
LOSER

YAY that's nice, now I finally know what damn chord I'm playing .
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
heda

very nice! thanks
should be included in default reaper distribution
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #7
mbncp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Is it possible that also v1.01 uses too much cpu?

Also are you using this already to influence the root and chord type/scale setting of another plugin? If yes, which and how are you linking those? Using parameter linking? It would be nice to have a chord info which does NOT use a lot of cpu and being able to connect it to IX MIDI_KeySnap. KeySnap is using scale files and root note.

Is this the only "chord info" which exists in the js world?
Not sure, it's a long time I did this, would have to read the code, for the root it is given by the chord, for scales the idea would be to play a few chords to reduce the selection, then the info could be used by other plugs.

I'm currently only using my ipads and hardware for performing so I'm not really interested to do any more js stuff. I started to do some coding on ios but it will be for personal use.

Now I would love a good ios midi scripting engine based on js that is compatible on any platform, would be easy to share scripts, but that's not in my hands.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
mbncp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Yes, what is in your hands is not to buy an iBad, but you bought already, now you have to listen to Apple's commands.
It's even worse, got 6 of them + a pod and a phone. Then I will give them 100$ a year so I can put my little home made apps on my devices, at least the coding tools are free.

At first I didn't really like the ipad, but theses apps are getting really good and jamming on all these tablets is really neat. It's the best of hardware and plugins, I mean for performing, not for the sound, but again, it's getting better and better.

Only thing that's badly missing is a good midi scripting tool. Didn't I say that before ?
Old 10-18-2014, 01:48 AM   #9
MusoBob

Default Chord Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbncp View Post
..As you play chords from a keyboard or playback from the track it will show the current playing chord, if it's recognized...
Where does it show the chords ?
I'm looking for something like a Chord Track: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=114577

Thanks.
MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote