Old 11-06-2018, 03:22 AM   #1
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 575
Default LCS_Default_4.0

Available on Stash
Modified Reaper Default 4.0 Theme
An experiment in making minimal changes to the theme
If you don't use the Strips, Separators or color fader layouts you can load the default 4 theme see the differences.

CHANGES: 11/06/2018
- changed layout backgrounds to gray
- new buttons
- new pan knobs
- altered meters
- added strips layouts
- added Separators
- added color faders to MCP Default, MCP Narrow and TCP Default layouts.
- added Reaborn Transport (just for fun)




Last edited by lucas_LCS; 11-06-2018 at 06:01 AM.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:39 AM   #2
SmajjL
Human being with feelings
 
SmajjL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,931
Default

Looks you are having fun!
I think the round colo(u)red [M-S-R] "Realtek looking Audio jacks was good idea.
__________________
:)
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #3
doppelganger
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 336
Default

i always found default 4 one of the best themes ever, (way better , than default 5), now it's even more coolerr!

edit:
Not sure why, but Transport ReaBorn layout shows shifted text in status

Last edited by doppelganger; 11-08-2018 at 08:46 AM.
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #4
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
i always found default 4 one of the best themes ever, (way better , than default 5), now it's even more coolerr!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
Not sure why, but Transport ReaBorn layout shows shifted text in status
- Right click on the transport
- Select "Center Transport Controls"

I'll take a look at some point to see how to make the above steps unnecessary.

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 12-17-2018 at 09:42 AM.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #5
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post
Looks you are having fun!
I think the round colo(u)red [M-S-R] "Realtek looking Audio jacks was good idea.
Thanks!
I went through several versions before I got to that one.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:05 AM   #6
Herr Nox
Human being with feelings
 
Herr Nox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 61
Default

Just found out about that theme and I must it's really nice.

I had some issues with it though. I'm not a themer so maybe you can tell me how to fix this.

-Transport bar text shift: Fixed using "Center Transport Controls"
-Cursor disappearing in the arrange window because background is the same color.
-Selecting a track makes it way too bright (might be a matter of taste but a selection makes the track fluorescent)

Maybe there's a quick way to fix this manually. If so, I'm all ears!
__________________
BANDCAMP | YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK
Herr Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:10 AM   #7
Herr Nox
Human being with feelings
 
Herr Nox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 61
Default

Also, let's say I want to get into some basic modding, would it be complicated to just change the color in the meters? As in replacing the blue/yellow grading to some other colors.
__________________
BANDCAMP | YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK
Herr Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:03 PM   #8
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 575
Default

@ Herr Nox

Transport bar text shift:
- move the theme to another folder and unpack it (unzip with WinRAR, 7-zip, etc.).
- move the unpacked file and folder back to the ColorTheme folder.
- open the folder and find the RTCONFIG.TXT file and open it.
- go the bottom to find the Reaborn layout.
- find the margin line and change it to the following and hit 'save':
set trans.status.margin [10 0 10 2 0.5]

If the theme is already loaded in Reaper, then reload it.
verify the Center Transport Controls is unchecked.
if checked, unchecked it and cycle reaper between fullscreen and a smaller window mode.
The text will no longer be centered, but does not get pushed off either.
I will possibly update the theme in the future, but it will be some time before that happens.

Cursor disappearing in the arrange window:
Not sure why you're having this issue, My cursor is black on a light gray arrange background and easy to see.
If you're using a custom cursor, try changing to a darker cursor.
Alternatively, you can open the Theme tweak window (go to Actions and type 'Theme') and adjust the background color.
look for these 2 entries:
Track Background (odd tracks)
Track Background (even tracks)

Selecting a track makes it way too bright:
adjust the brightness on the following files:
mcp_bgsel.png
tcp_bgsel.png


Meter Colors:
open and edit the following files in your graphics app:
meter_strip_h.png
meter_strip_v.png
meter_strip_v_rms.png

.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:24 AM   #9
Herr Nox
Human being with feelings
 
Herr Nox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
@ Herr Nox

Transport bar text shift:
- move the theme to another folder and unpack it (unzip with WinRAR, 7-zip, etc.).
- move the unpacked file and folder back to the ColorTheme folder.
- open the folder and find the RTCONFIG.TXT file and open it.
- go the bottom to find the Reaborn layout.
- find the margin line and change it to the following and hit 'save':
set trans.status.margin [10 0 10 2 0.5]

If the theme is already loaded in Reaper, then reload it.
verify the Center Transport Controls is unchecked.
if checked, unchecked it and cycle reaper between fullscreen and a smaller window mode.
The text will no longer be centered, but does not get pushed off either.
I will possibly update the theme in the future, but it will be some time before that happens.

Cursor disappearing in the arrange window:
Not sure why you're having this issue, My cursor is black on a light gray arrange background and easy to see.
If you're using a custom cursor, try changing to a darker cursor.
Alternatively, you can open the Theme tweak window (go to Actions and type 'Theme') and adjust the background color.
look for these 2 entries:
Track Background (odd tracks)
Track Background (even tracks)

Selecting a track makes it way too bright:
adjust the brightness on the following files:
mcp_bgsel.png
tcp_bgsel.png


Meter Colors:
open and edit the following files in your graphics app:
meter_strip_h.png
meter_strip_v.png
meter_strip_v_rms.png

.
Thank you very much for the info!

As for the cursor, it's probably some setting from a previous theme I installed.
__________________
BANDCAMP | YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK

Last edited by Herr Nox; 03-12-2019 at 10:46 AM. Reason: typo
Herr Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.