Old 04-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
heda
Human being with feelings

Default Render LUFS v1.0 (2019-04-07)

Released Render LUFS v1.0
It is a script for REAPER that uses SWS nofish functions to analyze the loudness of exported file (if you want to donate you can donate to SWS/S&M Extension), then adjusts desired parameter (normally gain in a limiter) and renders it again until the desired loudness is achieved.

I open this thread for support about this script, questions, suggestions etc.

Usage:
First touch the parameter on the plugin that you want to adjust to increase the volume of the rendered file. This is typically the gain or threshold parameter of a limiter on the master track. But it can be anything.
  1. Click on "Set Last Touched Parameter" button
  2. If the script doesn't have configuration for this parameter, it will ask you to configure
  3. Click the Range button, and set the range of the parameter in dB. For example if the parameter can adjust from -12db to +12db gain, then the range would be 24. You can also set the range to -24 if the plugin works differently, for example in a threshold, that goes from -30 to 0, then the range would be -30.
  4. Once you have configured the parameter, the script will let you render. You can open the render window to adjust your file name, sample rate, etc, then Click on "Save changes and close" to return to Render LUFS window.
  5. Define the desired Target Loudness in LUFS, Typically, -13 forYoutube, -14 for Spotify, -16 for ITunes, -23 for Standard, etc...
  6. click RENDER.

The script will render as many times as needed to achieve the desired Loudness by adjusting the parameter on each iteration.

I hope you find it useful. Please let me know if you have any questions about how to use it or any suggestions for improvements. Thanks

Download: https://reaper.hector-corcin.com/app...cripts-manager
Required: REAPER 5.974 currently the latest version
Required: SWS/S&M Extension: 2.9.7 or newer

Last edited by heda; 04-07-2019 at 03:18 PM.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
X-Raym

Well done !

I can see that you use MGA limiter,

but note that there is an updated version, MGAZMC, with oversampling and the Zero Crossing Maximize.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=217451

Maybe it can worth test this FX as well :P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
heda

Thank you X-Raym.. I didn't know about MGAZMC. It works great

By the way... one thing I forgot to mention in the first post. Once you define a parameter to be used, it is saved in the project, so you don't need to touch the parameter again to re-export in the future, unless you want to change to another parameter.