Old 06-01-2019, 01:13 PM   #1
Lokasenna
Human being with feelings

Default Companion scripts for Tod's Pedal Steel Kontakt library

Tod has a couple of custom toolbars that he's found useful for working with his pedal steel library, and asked me to replicate them as scripts to make it easier to share them.

Both should be available now on your friendly neighbourhood ReaPack.

(Never fear if you aren't using his library - they're mostly general purpose, and might be handy for any MIDI work.)

EXCLUSIVE BONUS OFFER: If you have the JS extension installed (also available through ReaPack), users on Mac and Windows will see that both scripts' windows are always on top. No luck for us Linux folk, I'm afraid.

Lokasenna_Pedal Steel
This gives you a quick way to set or adjust note velocities. In addition, the top row inserts keyswitch notes just before the selected note in your editor. (The keyswitches are specific to Tod's library)

Lokasenna_CC Ryder
This provides a front end for the SWS/S&M: Save displayed CC lanes, slot 1 actions. It will auto-detect the number of slots you have configured in your S&M.ini.

The interface defaults to Restore mode - clicking the R will switch to Save mode, and you'll be returned to Restore upon saving a slot.

Old 06-01-2019, 02:01 PM   #2
hopi

Great Loka, and so many thanks

here is that PDF I made about it, for those that want to add their own number of slots or whatever else...

https://stash.reaper.fm/36495/How%20...CC%20Ryder.pdf

Mainly for users like me that need a lot of 'hand holding' and baby steps

...and just add more of that kind of info for anyone about the Pedal Steel script:
Since it was created for a specific purpose for Tod's Pedal Steel Kontakt library
a couple things might confuse people who want to use it but NOT for that library...

1- The note names in the right hand column have no meaning for you... and they are only there as labels
nothing to clk on there...
2- The top row is also specific to Tod's library so stay a way from it...
3- All the other numbered buttons will set the velocities of any selected notes in the ME to those values
...simple as pi but mighty handy...

Last edited by hopi; 06-01-2019 at 02:09 PM.
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #3
Tod

I can't thank you enough for this Lokasenna, Both scripts are perfect.

If I may, here's a gif showing the important CC lane settings I have set up for the Pedal Steel Guitar.

I'm so thankful for Lokasenna's willingness and genius to create these 2 toolbar scripts.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote