Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-08-2020, 12:48 PM   #1
vsthem
Human being with feelings

Default Will Track Lock Bug ever be fixed? (maybe SWS?)

I really want to be able to lock my folder tracks to a minimized height, but the following occurs:

Action: Lock Track (Folder)

Custom Action: Select All Tracks, SWS: Set Selected tracks heights to A

Expected Result: All tracks are set to track height A, except locked folder track

Actual Result:

"Locked" Folder track height gets set to track height A along with the other tracks. Then, when I then run the command "Minimize All Tracks", the folder track is NOW actually locked, but in the wrong position (track height A).

Is this a problem on Reapers end? On SWS's end? Is anyone looking at it?

Thanks all!
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
nofish

The SWS "set track height" actions were coded way before Reaper added track height locking, so yes, they don't take height locked tracks into account currently unfortunately.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:29 PM   #3
vsthem

Poked around on their build log, and it looks like it was fixed at one point, and then they reverted it, and that it may come back later...Maybe it broke stuff? I hope they fix this, though it's not listed on their latest beta build....
Old 01-08-2020, 02:41 PM   #4
nofish

I'm currently looking into fixing this (for the "Xenakios/SWS: Set selected tracks heights to .." actions at least).

The reason it was reverted was that some users didn't like the change in default behaviour, so for these two I'd probably add additional action which take height locked tracks into account.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #5
vsthem

Are you a dev for SWS? If so, thank you for all of your work on this! I use SWS extensions every day and I don't know what I'd do without them at this point.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:32 PM   #6
nofish

Well, yeah, I try to contribute to SWS where I can, so thanks.

I've added two new actions "SWS: Set Selected tracks heights to A/B, respect height locked tracks" which could be used instead of the original ones.
Should be in next SWS beta.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:37 PM   #7
_Stevie_

Yes, nofish is one of the devs

Thanks so much for your work nofish!
Old 01-08-2020, 11:15 PM   #8
vsthem

Hey Stevie. I've seen you being helpful on these threads, but I finally looked at your scripts page. Lots of amazing stuff in there! Looking forward to installing them soon.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:17 PM   #9
vsthem

and thank you Nofish for looking into adding that into the next Beta! Reaper has an amazing community of scripters (is that a word?). Very grateful!
Old 01-09-2020, 05:27 AM   #10
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthem View Post
Hey Stevie. I've seen you being helpful on these threads, but I finally looked at your scripts page. Lots of amazing stuff in there! Looking forward to installing them soon.
Thank you! I might need to do some video tutorials to explain these scripts better
Old 01-09-2020, 10:02 AM   #11
vsthem

Installed a few last night and they're working great. The five measure midi zoom is perfect and I have it set to my default open midi editor action. I wish it was possible to set it to vertically scroll to notes (going between tuba and piccolo for instance). Any possibility of this in the future?

I love the hide tracks without items too. I don't suppose there's a way to set it up for a toggle, is there?

I certainly don't expect you guys to implement all my whims, but I'm extremely grateful when it happens! Sending a donation to the wildfires in lieu of a tip for Stevie, and throwing a few extra bucks to SWS as well. Thank you guys both so much!

Last edited by vsthem; 01-09-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:33 AM   #12
_Stevie_

Quote:
Installed a few last night and they're working great. The five measure midi zoom is perfect and I have it set to my default open midi editor action. I wish it was possible to set it to vertically scroll to notes (going between tuba and piccolo for instance). Any possibility of this in the future?
I wish it was possible! Unfortunately there's no function in the API to achieve that

Quote:
I love the hide tracks without items too. I don't suppose there's a way to set it up for a toggle, is there?
The issue is, that I would have to take a snapshot of all current tracks in the project and save them somewhere in order to make a toggle work.
It would certainly be possible, BUT, in the meanwhile HeDa included these functions in his Track Inspector. And that's exactly what I'm using now, because it's way more powerful than my little script :P

I will make some tutorial videos for HeDa's TI. It's so powerful but only a few know about it, because it's loaded full of features Hopefully I will be able to do that til the end of the month.

Quote:
I certainly don't expect you guys to implement all my whims, but I'm extremely grateful when it happens! Sending a donation to the wildfires in lieu of a tip for Stevie, and throwing a few extra bucks to SWS as well. Thank you guys both so much!
Ahh, that's lovely, thank you man! <3
Old 01-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #13
vsthem

I'd love to see that too! I'm sure there are useful things in there that I haven't discovered yet.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:28 AM   #14
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Well, yeah, I try to contribute to SWS where I can, so thanks.

I've added two new actions "SWS: Set Selected tracks heights to A/B, respect height locked tracks" which could be used instead of the original ones.
Should be in next SWS beta.
There is the same track lock problem with SWS:Vertical zoom to selected items, https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=226989

I coded a script around it, https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=11, but of course, a native SWS solution would be better.

Please...

Last edited by Fabian; 07-23-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Fabian is online now   Reply With Quote