Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 12-09-2020, 03:56 PM   #1
joe2
Human being with feelings

Default "Show sends in TCP" aka tcp.sendlist stuff

Sends in the TCP are great but a bit incomplete/messy atm. Here's some suggestions for improvements!

(1) The text has no space between send track number and track name, e.g. it says "10:Track ten name", but would be more legible if it said "10: Track ten name".

Good: please add a space after the colon.

Better: make the space optional.

Best: freely-configurable text using $wildcards (see below).

(2) The text will only show the send volume while the mouse is being held down on the send volume knob.

Good: please add an option to keep this volume text always shown.

Better: position of vol text relative to track name is configurable

Best: freely-configurable $wildcards for all send parameters, e.g. $send_channels, $postfader, $pan etc.

(So you could write something like: "$trackid: $trackname - $vol_2dp ($pan) [$send_channels -> $receive_channels]")

(3) If you right-click on an existing send, the context menu is missing some important mouse modifiers. It only mentions "Show track routing window = Ctrl+Click".

Good: add all the missing mouse modifiers:

Show send parameters = Click
Mute send = Shift+Click
Remove send = Alt+Click

(I don't think there's one for "Go to send destination track

Better: add the modifiers and make them all configurable.

Best: make all currently-unconfigurable modifiers like this throughout REAPER customisable. ;-) (e.g. the mute and solo button context menus)

(Side-notes: the modifiers are different if you right-click an empty slot. The only active option is "Show track routing window = Click". If you Ctrl+Shift+Click *any* slot, empty or used, you get the routing button context menu.)

(4) Only a knob can be used to change send level.

Good: please make it possible to disable the knob and click or drag anywhere in the active send "slot" to set the level.

Better: make the slots fully WALTER-able, so that a knob or fader could be positioned anywhere, e.g. on the left hand side (I assume this isn't possible at present as I've never seen it, but maybe it is!).

(5) Please make it possible to disable the scrollbar that can appear if there's not enough space to display all the sends.

Good: the width of this is controlled by the 8th parameter of tcp.sendlist.font, i.e.

set tcp.sendlist.font [ . . . . . . . 20 ]

will give you a ridiculously large scrollbar. 0 seems to be the default; 1 is smaller but it's still there.

Adding an option for -1 to disable the scrollbar seems like a decent approach?

(6) Option to populate slots row-first rather than column-first (see https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=246133).

That's all for now, I'll add more if I think of it.

Thanks very much for considering it.

additional keywords: theming themeing
joe2 is offline   Reply With Quote