Old 08-30-2008, 04:41 AM   #1
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe
Human being with feelings

Default Subtractive Stereoizer - New JS effect!

Hey all,

Here's a new effect I just made:

What it does:
Used it combintion with another effect, it stereofies a mono signal in a way that is 100% mono compatible. (It subtracts the difference between the processed and the unprocessed channels from the unprocessed one.)

How to use it:
Put the Subtractive Stereoizer after another effect of your liking (EQ, transient modifier etc) and make sure that other effect is set to only input from and process one channel. For example like this:

Then choose that same channel in "Processed channel" drop down menu in the Subtractive Stereoizer. (Which in the example above would be left, since ReaEQ is set to only process channel one = the left channel.)

Now just use the "Stereo width (%)" slider to determine how much you want to stereoize your signal.

Hope you like it! Regards,
- Jonas
Attached Files
File Type: zip Subtractive Stereoizer (FX add-on).zip (1.2 KB, 280 views)

Last edited by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe; 08-30-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
WOK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe View Post
Put the Subtractive Stereoizer after another effect of your liking (EQ, transient modifier etc) and make sure that other effect is set to only input from and process one channel. For example like this:
Isn't it possible to implement a stereo to mono in your effect, so it can work with any output, even plugins who produce mono but with a stereo output?
Old 08-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, but the Subtractive Stereoizer should work with any effect in Reaper since you can decide where the output of a plug in should go using the Plug in Pin Connector.

Do post again if I didn't answer your question. Regards,
- Jonas
Old 08-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
WOK!

Because you said a special routing (as described) is required for it to work....
Do I have to adjust the routing to send one channel only, or will it work with a plugin sending two channels with the same data?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

OK, now I get it. The answer is that this plug in will not work if the same data is sent on both channels. This is because what this plug in does is to subtract the difference between the processed and the unprocessed channels from the unprocessed one.

So to put it simply: make sure one channel (left or right) contains the precessed signal (eq, transient modifier or whatever you feel like) and the other the unprocessed signal.

Regards,
- Jonas