Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-22-2022, 09:40 AM   #1
Timo Pascal
Human being with feelings

Default Markernames not read in Reaper anymore. note/name?

problem
-wavefiles with included markers and markernames are made for me in steinberg wavelab
-i drag'n'drop them into reaper to edit the material
-it worked fine some time ago, since some time instead of markernames only "type=0" is shown in reaper

my guess
-something changed in wavelab with the last updates

offered solution from steinberg dvelopers
-steinberg developers state "Reaper is the only one to interpret "note" as "name"" and ask me to report it to you as a bug. maybe heres a solution. though i dont belive that

i assume the bug is somewhere in a wavelab update. not only because i highly trust you guys to be awesome as u prove again and again with that great daw but also because everything points to it (please see additional information).

please though investigate the "note"/"name" issue and please write me an answer.

additional information
-i'm always using the newest reaper version (usually linux but also tried windows)
-i installed a few older versions of reaper back to the first linux-reaper version to test it. again, it did work once. problem is the same in every reaper version.
-the other studio made me test-wavefiles with included markers in wavelab 8, 10 and 11. markernames are shown from files made in wavelab 8. they are not shown in files from wavelab 10 and 11.

reaper-session with test-wavefiles with included markers from different wavelab versions, including screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/9m3na...32q6v2owfg26vx
Timo Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:12 AM   #2
schwa
Administrator

Thanks for the detailed report. We can change things to prioritize displaying the 'labl' data over the 'note' data.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:01 PM   #3
Timo Pascal

Wow. Thank you very much!!! Will it be in the next update?

(I just remembered. That's what Steinberg suggested in an earlier message to me: "...(marker names are metadata called ‘labl’). Instead, Reâper reads the ‘note’ metadata...". They knew cause I told them the markernames are "type=0". They said that's "...WaveLab private encoded data such as marker (WaveLab) type.")
Old 11-25-2022, 05:18 AM   #4
schwa
Administrator

The new behavior is in the current public 6.71rc3 build, and will be in the 6.71 release.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 12:07 PM   #5
Timo Pascal

Yeah!! Thanks for the update! It works.

Though only for markers in RIFF format. Markers in the BWF format are not shown in Reaper. It doesnt matter to me cause it works with Riff now and thats enough. But is this a thing that should be changed in Reaper?!? It does save markers in BWF format right? So why should it not be able to read them then when other DAWs use them.

Let me know if that's too much for this thread. If I should make a new thread or just be happy the way it works now...!