Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-05-2022, 10:08 AM   #1
mtierney
Human being with feelings

Default [6.71] Output Channel Name Aliasing not working (FIXED)

Hey all, I'm having an issue where I'm trying to change the Output Channel Name Aliasing. I go to preferences and click Edit Names/Map..., and I'm trying to remove some of the virtual outputs that my interface spits out. So I select the channels, click Remove, and the channels are removed from the list. Then I hit OK. But then, the channels are still there! I can find them in the hardware outputs and the routing matrix (where it's especially cumbersome since they take up a lot of space). If I go back into preferences and click Edit Names/Map again, the channels I had just removed are still present. No matter what I try to do to remove those channels, when I hit ok and reopen Edit Names/Map, they come back. I've tried saving it as a preset, resetting and trying again, etc, to no avail. What's even stranger is that I'm having no problems with input channel aliasing; I removed some channels on that side and it worked no problem, which is why I don't think it's user error

I'm using two Universal Audio Apollo X16s with the latest version of Reaper. My computer and OS specs are in my signature

Thanks in advance!
mtierney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 08:39 AM   #2
mtierney

Giving this a bump. I just downloaded 6.72 and I'm still having this issue with output channel aliasing. Does anyone else have problems with output channel aliasing in preferences?

I made a screen cap video of what's going on, linked below, if that's helpful. As you can see, I just want to delete the redundant channels that my interface has. I can remove the channels in the aliasing window, but it won't save. Strangely, if I remove the channels then add a blank channel, it will save, but I can't rename or do anything with that channel, or it will revert to the default layout. As I mentioned in my original post, this is made all the stranger by the fact that the input channel aliasing works no problem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ira7w7qc05...%20AM.mov?dl=0

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-20-2022, 10:27 AM   #3
bubo

Just my 2 cents:

Doesn´t those lists just represent your devices Input- and Output-Range set at
->Preferences->Audio->Device ?

Did you try to unselect these channels there already?

Or even within your devices own configuration utility?

I can confirm the described behaviour on my WIN7/pro machine running an RME RayDAT and UFXII so seems not related to your machine.
Only if i lower the -in this case- output range e.g. to ADAT-1 - ADAT-16 further channels (ADAT-17 - ADAT-32 and AES-L/AES-R SPDIF-L/SPDIF-R (33-36) don´t appear in the aliasing list anymore.
bubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 10:54 AM   #4
EpicSounds

I can replicate the issue when deleting inputs or outputs.
Old 12-20-2022, 12:55 PM   #5
Justin
Administrator

Ah thanks, fixing!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 04:28 PM   #6
mtierney

Thanks Justin!

RE bubo–ideally I would just change this at the interface software level, but the universal audio software, like a lot of interface software in my experience, is a bit less configurable than I wish it was. I also want Reaper's I/O to be different than my device's I/O for Zoom so I can route some virtual ins and outs in a way that avoids me accidentally making feedback loops. In this case, the channel aliasing is definitely my best solution. Hopefully it's a simple fix!
Old 12-21-2022, 04:53 AM   #7
bubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtierney View Post

RE bubo–ideally I would just change this at the interface software level, but the universal audio software, like a lot of interface software in my experience, is a bit less configurable than I wish it was. I also want Reaper's I/O to be different than my device's I/O for Zoom so I can route some virtual ins and outs in a way that avoids me accidentally making feedback loops. In this case, the channel aliasing is definitely my best solution. Hopefully it's a simple fix!
Yes i see now, -different task different requirements.

I am using Reaper on a very basic level and been fine so far cutting or adding devices I/O range as explained above.
bubo is offline   Reply With Quote