Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2024, 10:47 AM   #1
Vorticist
Human being with feelings
 
Vorticist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 7
Default [7.15] MCP Meter readout LUFS-S (current) displays 'max' value instead

Demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-qvPwEvAU

- Duplicate a track
- Set one to meter LUFS-S (readout current) and the other LUFS-S (readout max)

Unless I'm missing something, it seems tracks set to meter LUFS-S (readout max) and LUFS-S (readout current) are displaying the same - the readout seems to display the recent max value in both cases instead of a 'current' readout. Very small and specific but would be great to have a fix for my workflow.

Macbook Pro M2 Max
Ventura 13.6.1
Reaper 7.15
Vorticist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 12:25 PM   #2
schwa
Administrator
 
schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 15,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorticist View Post
Demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-qvPwEvAU

- Duplicate a track
- Set one to meter LUFS-S (readout current) and the other LUFS-S (readout max)

Unless I'm missing something, it seems tracks set to meter LUFS-S (readout max) and LUFS-S (readout current) are displaying the same - the readout seems to display the recent max value in both cases instead of a 'current' readout. Very small and specific but would be great to have a fix for my workflow.
This seems to be working as expected. "Readout" means the number that is displayed above the meter, which is typically a max-hold value, but in the case of "LUFS-S (readout=current)", the number displays the current value. In this screencap you can see the left-hand track holds the max value for the readout and the right-hand track does not.

schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 12:34 PM   #3
Vorticist
Human being with feelings
 
Vorticist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
This seems to be working as expected. "Readout" means the number that is displayed above the meter, which is typically a max-hold value, but in the case of "LUFS-S (readout=current)", the number displays the current value. In this screencap you can see the left-hand track holds the max value for the readout and the right-hand track does not.

Thanks, I didn't try changing themes - switching to default and then back to my current theme seems to have fixed it!
Vorticist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 12:37 PM   #4
elcalen
Human being with feelings
 
elcalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,052
Default

I did a quick test on my end, two tracks with the same audio item, and it sure was looking like the number was staying the same on both tracks, and never going back down in quieter parts, even with the "current" meter. (7.15/Linux)

EDIT: For what it's worth, I have the master track loudness meter also set to LUFS-S/current, and that works as expected. Unlike the track meter readout, the master track readout goes up *and* down.
__________________
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.

Last edited by elcalen; 04-22-2024 at 12:55 PM.
elcalen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:03 PM   #5
CAlexanderParra
Human being with feelings
 
CAlexanderParra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcalen View Post
I did a quick test on my end, two tracks with the same audio item, and it sure was looking like the number was staying the same on both tracks, and never going back down in quieter parts, even with the "current" meter. (7.15/Linux)

EDIT: For what it's worth, I have the master track loudness meter also set to LUFS-S/current, and that works as expected. Unlike the track meter readout, the master track readout goes up *and* down.
This is exactly how it behaves for me too. Master track is working fine but tracks aren't. Switching to the default theme and back to my theme doesn't seem to fix it either. (7.15/Win10)
CAlexanderParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:06 PM   #6
schwa
Administrator
 
schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 15,976
Default

Note that if multiple tracks are selected, changing the meter configuration on one selected track will affect all selected tracks. So if you think this isn't working correctly, check to make sure the track metering is set the way you think it is.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM   #7
elcalen
Human being with feelings
 
elcalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Note that if multiple tracks are selected, changing the meter configuration on one selected track will affect all selected tracks. So if you think this isn't working correctly, check to make sure the track metering is set the way you think it is.
I definitely checked it multiple times.
__________________
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
elcalen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:18 PM   #8
schwa
Administrator
 
schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 15,976
Default

If you have a project with a track that is not displaying the way you think it should, feel free to crop the project down to just that track and post the rpp (no fx or media needed).
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:22 PM   #9
Vorticist
Human being with feelings
 
Vorticist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 7
Default

I had it working for a while today, but now its back to the behavior I described, regardless of theme. Here's a 12 second video of the behavior, readout is set to current, but even pulling the fader all the way down doesn't affect the readout display. Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGL8S_ykzXs
Vorticist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:26 PM   #10
schwa
Administrator
 
schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 15,976
Default

^^ see post #8. We can't really debug anything from a video.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:36 PM   #11
elcalen
Human being with feelings
 
elcalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
If you have a project with a track that is not displaying the way you think it should, feel free to crop the project down to just that track and post the rpp (no fx or media needed).
Yeah, I guess I can manage that. (Edit: sent my test via email.)
__________________
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.

Last edited by elcalen; 04-22-2024 at 02:51 PM.
elcalen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:39 PM   #12
Vorticist
Human being with feelings
 
Vorticist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 7
Default

Sure, attached. Screenshot just to verify what I was seeing on screen at the time:
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 5.42.54 PM.png (20.5 KB, 68 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rpp Reaper715_lufs_readout_jd3.RPP (5.1 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by Vorticist; 04-22-2024 at 02:46 PM.
Vorticist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 03:01 PM   #13
schwa
Administrator
 
schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 15,976
Default

Thanks for posting the project. This is a... bug! Fixing for the next build.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 03:34 PM   #14
Vorticist
Human being with feelings
 
Vorticist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 7
Default

Thanks, much appreciated!
Vorticist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.