Old 03-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
ugh
Human being with feelings

Default Stepsequencer for Battery and other Drummies (JS baby modification)

Quite a while ago I modified the sequencer_baby that comes with reaper, so that I had myself a nice step sequencer to programm the rhythms of my tracks that use electronic drum-sounds. (For "real" sounding drums I use Addictive Drums and it's midi-files)

I changed the size, so that it fits nicely on my second screen together with Battery. The Screen has a resolution of 1290x1024 pixels. I have Reaper running on my other screen.
If you have a larger screen, you can modify the size of it of course.

I also wanted to have 64 steps / 16 bars (dunno if that's the right word, in German its "Takte") and the stepseqeuncer should start on C1 which is standard for most drummies like Battery or Mictrotonic.
Also I never use more than 12 drum sounds on my electronic drumtracks, so one octave would be enough.

Disclaimer : I have no deeper knowledge of JS coding. It was a pure trial and error thing, but it is working for me.
Justin warned in another thread
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...95&postcount=3)
that there may be problems with moren than 24 notes long such plugs when saving/loading patterns.

Once I created myself a nice beat I usually record the midi out of the sequencer baby plugin to a normal midi file on the chosen track within reaper for further arranging it.

Maybe the little sequencer baby modification is useful to anybody else. thankx to the guy who originally programmed it (dunno who that was).

Oh and btw. hopefully reaper will have a really phat and modifyable step sequencer one day with more features

On the picture attached you can see "Sequencer Baby 16 Takte" in action with it's friend Battery.

[IMG]http://img717.**************/img717/6653/sequencerbabyandbattery.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sequencerbabyand battery.jpg (94.8 KB, 728 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt sequencer_baby 16 Takte.txt (2.6 KB, 505 views)

Last edited by ugh; 03-27-2010 at 05:09 AM.
ugh is offline   Reply With Quote