Old 11-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
millermix
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and Dante compatability

I have just purchased a Dante networking card and installed it in a Yamaha ls9-16. My plan is to multitrack several live shows. reaper sees the Dante card under ASIO, but when Dante rX channels are assigned to individual tracks, no audio passes.
Does anybody here have any experience with successfully recording with Reaper, Dante and Yamaha digital consoles?
millermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
STEALMYBUCKS

I just installed a Dante card in my LS9-32, got the network set up and Reaper working. I had some big issues with Dante and their network not configuring Windows 7 64 bit firewall properly, but that was fixed by turning off the firewall.

Reaper 64 bit DID NOT load the ASIO drivers for Dante, I had to use Reaper 32 bit.

The one thing that I am not really fond of is that I can't listen to what I am capturing, or at least I have not found a way to enable other ASIO devices with DVS, since DVS is virtual and the other interfaces are hardware based, this may not actually be possible.

So, by looking at the Reaper manual, I was able to figure out how to route and record audio in less than an hour, after getting all my network components to work nice together. I just followed the Reaper manual, specifically chapter 3, Recording with Reaper. Take a look at that, and let me know if that helps.
STEALMYBUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
STEALMYBUCKS

Also, don't forget that you have to assign your Dante card slot to individual channels (or matrix, mix, mains, whatever you want). That is in the setup page, where you can change your word clock.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
millermix

I found the solution to my original post, I simply needed to enable the direct outs on each individual channel on the ls9. I multitracked several 16 track live events using Reaper 64 running on Windows 7 64, this was back in October 2010. So now I need to mix these tracks and can't get Reaper64, Windows7 64, Dante and the Yamaha ls9 to communicate. Audinate says the problem is with running Reaper64 on Windows 7 64bit. Has something changed in Reaper 64 that would prevent it from running on Windows 7 64?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
Audinate Tech

Default Dante Virtual Soundcard and Reaper 64

Guy from Audinate here. The problem is that the 64-bit version of Reaper won't connect to our 64-bit ASIO driver for Dante Virtual Soundcard. The 32-bit version of Reaper has no such problem, which indicates that it is requesting access to the driver in a different way. We are looking at this issue, and thus far it only appears to affect Reaper 64-bit on Windows.

ASIO is a 3rd-party workaround for pro audio, created to overcome deficiencies in the native Windows audio system. As a result, there are more inconsistencies in implementation than in native solutions.

We are working on this, and in the meantime can recommend that you use Reaper 32-bit as a solution. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
Audinate Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
millermix

Default DVS error message

So I'm back to running Reaper 32 on Windows 64.
I initialize Dante controller first, then open Dante virtual sound card and click the on icon, almost immediately an error message appears;
"can't find audio routing program" (1025). What does this mean?
Also I notice in the bottom left corner of the DVS panel reads: ASIO Application Disconnected
With Reaper open, in the audio device section I have selected ASIO and Dante virtual soundcard.
Reaper allows the option of selecting all 16 receive and transmit Dante channels in ASIO,
however, when checking the "ASIO configuration" button, the DVS still shows
"ASIO Application Disconnected" and throws the Error message "can't find audio routing program" (1025) when attempting to engage.
All drivers are updated and this is Reaper 3.75

Last edited by millermix; 03-30-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: improve focus of question
Old 04-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
STEALMYBUCKS

Uninstall and reinstall, that is the best bet. Also, send this off to Audinate's support staff, they are very helpful and are on these forums (less frequently tho). Also, I know this is off topic, but updating the firmware on the ls9 is really important, there have been some marked improvements with the newest firmware. Just be sure to use a Yamaha approved USB drive.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #8
sodium

hi dante users,

i've just installed dante into my O1V96v2 and have to say i am VERY happy with it. great sound & rock solid functionality. but i hit the same wall re:64 bit ASIO. it just will not work with Reaper. bummer.

any fix in the works please mr or mrs audinate people?

pretty please with sprinkles on top??

@millermix: that "ASIO Application Disconnected" message should change when you activate/engage the Dante VSC. i had the same message but it changed as soon as i booted Reaper.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
OldDogNeutriks

Default Dante Virtual Soundcard and Reaper 64

Thanks for your posts everyone.

I've just pimped our Allen & Heath iLive system with M-Dante, and thought I'd trial Reaper from recommendations. I struggled for an evening with Reaper 64bit version and Dante DVS under Windows 7 64bit, and finally found answers here. I had error 512 and various driver error messages from the Dante DVS and Reaper, and the ASIO config dialogue had various missing options.

Reaper 32bit seems happy with the driver interface now, and I can see stuff to select under inputs and outputs in the ASIO dialogue at last. That'll teach me, should get a Mac really ;-)

Thanks again
OldDogNeutriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:00 PM   #10
millermix

Default Reaper losing sync with Dante

Hey all,
I'm still using the same rig: Yamaha ls9 equipped with a Dante MY16 AUD card installed and connected to a PC running Windows 7 and Repaer 32bit latest version. Everything has been working just fine until a Windows 7 update and/or Reaper update 2 days ago. The ls9 firmware is version 1.33 and the MY16 AUD was updated to the latest version yesterday. I use Dante Virtual Soundcard and Dante controller, both updated to most recent versions
The issue is poor synchronization and even a complete loss of sync after about a minute of recording or playback in Reaper. When I open Dante controller to check the events, this is displayed: Device 00 1DC10306BA (device name not known) is now grandmaster, I have selected the MY16 AUD as the preferred clock master and Dante controller even shows that it (MY16 AUD) is the clock master, but not the grandmaster. The grandmaster is Device 00 1DC10306BA. I've never seen this device (Device 00 1DC10306BA) listed before, also refreshing the device status makes no difference in performance as sync is again lost after about one minute of recording or playback
I do not know which device or update is causing the problem, but it seemed to appear after the recent Windows7 and Reaper updates.
Any input would be appreciated, as stated before, this system has worked for me since 2011 with few issues and none as stubborn as this current clock sync issue