Old 09-03-2015, 10:17 AM   #201
thegreatchug
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
If you change the name of the folder your images are in, you have to open the .reapertheme file and change a line down at the bottom to match it. Otherwise, Reaper will say "hey, I can't find images for this theme!" and use the Reaper v1 images instead.
Thanks Lokasenna! It is working good now
So I just noticed something weird. I updated to Reaper 5 in osx and "theme editor" is no longer in preferences?
thegreatchug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #202
Endisol

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatchug View Post
Thanks Lokasenna! It is working good now
So I just noticed something weird. I updated to Reaper 5 in osx and "theme editor" is no longer in preferences?
Yep, its now under "show action list" >> search "theme" and theme editor will surface in the list
Endisol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #203
Tom Drinkwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
If you change the name of the folder your images are in, you have to open the .reapertheme file and change a line down at the bottom to match it. Otherwise, Reaper will say "hey, I can't find images for this theme!" and use the Reaper v1 images instead.
I am having the problem as though reaper can't find the images, but the line ui_img=Default_5.0_unpacked exists in the Reapertheme file and that seems correct.

does it need a path or some other tweaking?

all I did was unzip the default theme and now it instantly can't find its images...
Tom Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #204
Tom Drinkwater

aah, you have to put the .reapertheme file and the unpacked folder at the top level of colorthemes folder, NOT leave it in the Default_5.0.ReaperTheme folder it unpacks to.

might be worth mentioning that somewhere in the guides
Tom Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:01 PM   #205
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Default can i add v4 style tint tcp - coloring in v5 ?

Is it just code that controls the colors in tcp?

is it possible to modify a theme, and remove any tcp-coloring, so that colored tracks appear as one colour in the tcp, like v4?

I tried making an adjustment (a tint tcp variablein an unpacked theme) but something is still causing unwanted coloring

I found one that works beautifully - jayne2016. gorgeous.

can I replicate this tintcolorstyle in other themes?

I'd personally prefer the TCP to colour the track in its entirety when the track isn't selected, and have a selection colour that's different (the inverse to how jayne works).... but that's pretty advanced theme hacking.
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:52 AM   #206
SergeiSobchenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiringSynthesisingAlch View Post
Is it just code that controls the colors in tcp?
You have to change the color of the tcp_bgsel.png or tcp_bgsel.png and make it transparent.
SergeiSobchenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:05 PM   #207
D Rocks

Hello

Would be willing to donate for a guide 2018 update.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2018, 11:21 PM   #208
doppelganger

D_Rocks, nothing really changed in WALTER for years,
only small tweaks here and there, so guide is almost complete,
few not described things you can find here:
https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/walter/
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:03 AM   #209
DynamicK

Default - in front of a line in RTConfig

I've been doing a little customizing of some themes I have. I see in some rtconfig files the following line:

set tcp.meter.scale.color.lit.bottom [0]
-set tcp.trackidx [0 0 121 123 0 0 0 1]
set tcp.trackidx h>0 [0 0 1158 73 0 0 0 1]

I know that @ comments out a line, what does a - in front of a line do?
DynamicK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:32 AM   #210
Vagalume

I humbly believe that there is enough documentation and so many useful posts about theming in the forum, it is not a quantity matter. Anyway trying some changes might be possitive. Some ideas:

- Assembling all the documentation in a single file.
- Using a simpler language, a kind of "Reaper Theming for dummies". When you start from scratch you might find dark and difficult to understand the concepts of the documentation (specially if English is not mother language).
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe some explanatory videos will help more than documents.

I hope I do not offend anyone.

Last edited by Vagalume; 04-16-2018 at 03:08 AM.
Vagalume is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:49 AM   #211
D Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagalume View Post
I humbly believe that there is enough documentation and so many useful posts about theming in the forum, it is not a quantity matter. Anyway trying some changes might be possitive. Some ideas:

- Assembling all the documentation in a single file.
- Using a simpler language, a kind of "Reaper Theming for dummies". When you start from scratch you might find dark and difficult to understand the concepts of the documentation (specially if English is not mother language).
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe some explanatory videos will help more than documents.

I hope I do not offend anyone.
Thats well said. I agree also that there is "enough" in that sense but the idea of grouping all would help sorting by order of priority for learning purposes.

Videos would be the most efficient way to uncover the "mysteries of the world" haha, if any one goes on this path it will help alot of people.

Another idea would be to have an example case of editing the Default 5.o theme in depth (including the complex WALTER lines). I mean something that clearly explain why it is being written like it is and what things do. Because right now we are being suggested to start with easy stuff but its never explained clearly how the advanced 5.0 is thought out. Youre left to trial and error and this is a bit of a pain although a great challenge for me to overtake.

In the end all this freedom makes me believe that the next step could be to make the most important and always requested UI mods be accessible via userfriendly menus in REAPER. Mr X and Miss Y dont have a clue of what is a rtconfig.txt document and what image editing and folders are. Im speaking for the normal people that are not good at computer stuff but great musician with great ideas.

Anyways thanks for your replies guys its super appreciated. Ill be back to learning WALTER today

Btw thanks for all the current documentation and freedom of editing!