Old 03-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
claudioaudio
Human being with feelings

Default Undo issues

Whats up guys. Sometimes hitting undo doesnt just undo the last action. It actually undoes every change i made in the project. Its very frustrating when it ends up deleting all the newest tracks and items and takes the song back to the way it was when i 1st opened it...doesnt happen with every project, but still a nusance.....can anyone explain why this is happening? Thanks
claudioaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
nofish

I'd suspect your undo history is full.
You can set the amount of RAM it uses in preferences. After it has reached that size, Reaper just writes "multiple changes" in the undo history. When this happens and you do undo - unexpected things happen.

Have you checked the undo history if this is the case, seeing "multiple changes" entries there ?

Cure:
Higher the size of the allowed RAM usage for the undo history and also a useful option to check there is "when undo history is full delete oldest entry first".

PS:
I've run into the same issue as you describe ocassionally and these are just my own conclusions about it. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
claudioaudio

That worked. I just removed all those "multiple"entries..thanks alot. I really appreciate it
claudioaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
nofish

You're welcome.

btw,
seeing that I'm not the only one who got hit cold by this behaviour, I think it would be a good idea if Reaper pops up a warning message when trying to undo a "multiple changes" entry.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote